Monday, September 18, 2006

Ode to a bouncer

I've dreaded this most tragic day,
When I could not within you play.
Our favorite thing to do was bounce,
But you won't hold another ounce.



Oh bouncer, how I've loved thee long;
Oh bouncer, what a sad, sad song!



In you I found my inner peace,
A place to be wrapped in soft, soft fleece.
Your jungle print, with hippos too;
Sometimes your vibrator made me poo.



Oh bouncer, how I've loved thee long;
Oh bouncer, what a sad, sad song!



In you I got my first haircut,
so my style would not be in a rut.
You've been with me through ups and downs,
but without you I will be all frowns.



Oh bouncer, how I've loved thee long;
Oh bouncer, what a sad, sad song!



You helped me drain my stuffy nose,
especially when I took this pose.
Even when I barfed on me,
you helped me find tranquility.



Oh bouncer, how I've loved thee long;
Oh bouncer, what a sad, sad song!



My momma's pushed you to the limit,
but the manual said 25 lbs, darnit!
This impressive poundage has come so fast,
I can't believe this bounce will be our last.



Oh bouncer, how I've loved thee long;
Oh bouncer, what a sad, sad song!



You've been here since the very first,
I'm just so sad I think I'll burst.
We've had these good times and these bad,
but saying good-bye just feels so sad.



Oh bouncer, how I've loved thee long;
Oh bouncer, what a sad, sad song!



Good-bye old friend. We'll miss you. Thanks for all the laughs.



Bouncer
S.I.P (Store in peace)
June 2005 - September 2006

7 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Robyn? Is that you? Are you seriously a poet? Did you know it?
haha
That is my extent!
Whoa - that almost brought a tear to my eye;)

Robyn said...

It definitely brought a tear to mine. My baby's growing up!

Anonymous said...

Do you have plans of publishing your posts? You probably could make big bucks!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Robyn!!
What a great poem! You are so creative. How long did it take you to come up w/that little ditty?

Give my condolences to Jacob and his beloved bouncer.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I'm sad too!!! :( What a sad, sad day. I hope you can find another better and bigger bouncer! Your poem is Amazing and simply so sweet-you are extra-amazing for sure! I love all of the photos and especially like that 2nd to last one the best-its the one I remember seeing Jacob for the first time! Wow!

Love, Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Whoa. 25 pounds! Gettin' up there. :) What a big boy! Now, for potty training? ;)
Kelli

Andrea said...

Robyn my baby is only 16 pounds and he broke our brand new bouncer. I think that is awesome that your child is more durable with toys!