Sunday, November 05, 2006

Jacob's Trip to Grandma's House

That's right, folks. Jacob packed his bags and headed to Alabama for a couple of days last week.



I had to finish my thesis (which I did) and he had to play, play, play with Grandma and Grandpa Hutch. Someone once told me (Matt) that they don't like posts with lots of pictures. But I really had a hard time deciding which pictures to post. So, here's to a 24 picture salute to Grandma's house.

Jacob, Bullet and a very lovely tennis ball.



More with the tennis ball.



Even more with the tennis ball.



Still more with the tennis ball.



Phew, finally he dropped that tennis ball...and his pants! It was a balmy 75-ish degrees so Jacob got to enjoy Grandma and Grandpa's beautiful new deck feelin' free and easy.



Grandma labelled this one, "getting ready for naps". I assume she meant Jacob and Bullet were preparing for naps, but if she is like me she was preparing for her own little snooze as well.



Trouble in the Zinnia patch.



They also had a beautiful southern rainstorm the first night Jacob was there. I love seeing him feel the breeze before "the rain a came a tumblin' down".



Watching the rain from the garage.



Watching the rain from the porch.



Watching a Rodney Dangerfield bobblehead at Grandaddy's office.



A proud grandaddy showing off his first grandbaby.



Grandm Jan and Jacob at the lake getting ready to play, play, play.



Do you really need a caption for this one?



Or this one?



Who did she get to take this picture?



Someone SERIOUSLY loves slides.



I think Jacob looks like he's got his funk on here.



In the car...he's just grateful they're not driving the long drive to Anniston yet.



Cute!



Double cute!



Aaaaawwwwww.



As you can see, Jacob had a wonderful time with his Grandparents. We're so grateful to them for being willing to take him so that "that dern thesis" or "my labor of hate" (as I affectionately call my thesis these days) could finally be completed. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

In addition to all this fun, he also came home with some new skills that we'll put on a future post. And yes, Jacob did dress up for Halloween, etc. and we'll be posting those someday soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sent the "reuniting" pictures taken at the Wendy's in Anniston on Friday. You will need to get some of those posted.
I think it goes without saying Papa and I had a blast! G too. G liked the "strong man" act. Papa liked the "roll tide" and bye-bye's. I loved the kisses most. We are so proud of Jacob's good sleeping habits and glad he loves grits! We are ready for Robyn to go for her Doctorate! Love to all!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Hooray Jacob! What fun pictures! He is absolutely adorable! I can't believe we'll miss seeing him at Thanksgiving time by hours. I'm so glad he's home safe!!! Great post!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! Hooray for Grandma Jan!! Such a big help, so Robyn could finish things up. Looks like she and LeGrand had fun besides. :) I thought that first picture of him partially kneeling down in front of his luggage was hilarious. Looks like he just got in the door and was ready to unzip the bag, like a seasoned little traveler. Loved all those pics!!

Love, Mom

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Cute pics! (Don't mind Matt - posts with lots of pictures are fun to look at!) I especially like the one of Jacob showing his street cred. Holla!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Matt about pictures only when reading blogs about people who are not as endlessly adorable and fascinating as Jacob and his parents are. This blog, however, always has the correct balance of pictures vs. text. In fact, I find that I always want more of BOTH, and am sad to see the comment line when it comes.

Those pictures are absolutely DELIGHTFUL. They brought me back from the Boston Rainstorm Brink, I tell you.

Love the sweet little boy haircut, the round cheeks, cute little body, companionship with the dog, playground pics, garden pic, and on, and on!

Thanks for the adorable post!