Monday, March 05, 2007

When I grow up I want to be like Jacob

He has so many sweet ways that make me so happy. At least once everyday the following scenario plays out. While amusing himself with his Tupperware in the kitchen he decides to head to the couch. En route to the living room he makes eye contact with me and then giggles at me. Nothing funny happened. Nothing extraordinary. But he just can't keep the smile and grunty giggle in when he sees me in his path. I want to be like that! Just to have a smile on my lips and be quick to genuinely laugh. A real, rejuvenating laugh.

One of the biggest blessings of being a mother has been to realize how much he depends on me, and yet how much I depend on him and learn from him. He is goodness and sweetness (even when he has a stomping party in the living room with 10 saltines). I feel blessed to have such a whole soul in my home. One who is real and full and good. It makes me yearn to be whole as well, mainly spiritually, but really in all ways. I am so grateful that this little one is here and that there's another one on its way. I can't wait to meet him or her and see my babies learn to be siblings and friends (and occasionally enemies).

After all of that musing on our precious boy I know you're craving some pictures to prove how sweet he is.

Here you go.









4 comments:

Jana said...

He looks not only sweet and cute, but SOOOO grown up! WOW! He is a little man! He will be such a good big brother! We are so excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

That is soo sweet and darling. Wow you really do have a way w/ words!!! Its awesome. And Jacob has such a way making you smile. He sure is growing fast! What a cute boy. He looks great in his Sunday suit!

I hope whatever sickness you all had is totally gone and that everyone is doing fabulous!

Love, Chelsea

Shayleen Lunt said...

You are such a great Mommy! Jacob looks absolutely handsome!

Anonymous said...

Aw heck he's cute! Love that little preppy look, and that pose -it's hilarious!

Love, Mom