The past few weeks I have been feeling like my baby boy is growing up. Heck, grown up. He is
so big in his crib. He says so many little words (my favorite is "mi-ma" for lima beans). He can follow my directions. He knows what things are used for. He amazes me. For example, we cuddle and sing lullabies before naps and bedtime in his red rocking chair that Grandma Hutch got him. Pre-cuddle I always put two small throw pillows on the back of the chair one on top of the other because, well, wicker hurts! Today he walked over to the chair, said "cuckle" and started trying to put the pillows up for me. Such a sweet, smart kid. Sigh. So, I guess realization "A" is that my boy is growing up. Realization "B" is best explained with pictures.
My J-man used to look just like his daddy. EXACTLY like his daddy. People would, and still do, always comment on it, which I love. Behold.


However, lately I just can't help but notice something...

(The yellow dust all over him and the porch is the pollen that attacked Georgia a few weeks ago...I know, eeeewww
.)

(The feathered hair all over my head is the style that attacked the world in the 80's...I know, eeeewww and aaaww.)
Do you see what I see? Maybe I'm grasping at straws because I want to get a part of that cuteness action. Regardless who he looks like, we are so grateful for our boy.
(But especially if he looks like me...)
5 comments:
I have always said that he looks just like you... but I am your father and don't all family members think that THE BABY LOOKS JUST LIKE THEIR SIDE. Really he is a great blend of two great kids with wonderful grandparents on both sides.
What an adorable little girl you were (you still are beautiful)!! I agree, I think Jacob is the perfect mix of you and Matt. I can definitely see some Robyn in him. Nope, you aren't grasping at straws!
That's the cutest thing I ever did see! I definately see you both in him also. Can't wait to see you all soon!!
Love, Mom
It was fun seeing you on Monday! Congrats on your graduation. I hope you have a wonderful day!
hey robyn i just had to tell you. today i went back and looked at young jacob pictures. it was so fun seeing all of jackson's clothes. (well the clothes jackson wears thanks again) its crazy to think that they really do grow up! well, maybe not so crazy but fun!
Post a Comment