Saturday, December 27, 2008

Grandma's Pictures

Anyone who knows Grandma Jan knows that SHE ... LOVES ... PICTURES. Her constant refrain whenever I have reported a milestone to her has been, "Do you have a picture of it?". Another common phrase is, "If I didn't take a picture of it, it didn't happen." When I was young and carefree I used to take pictures just to cover my bases with my mother in law, but as the years have passed I am so grateful for her picture pressure. My memory already feels soft and so the glut of pictures I've taken is such a blessing.

When Gma Jan, Natalie & Jackson came last week Grandma brought her big, beautiful camera. It's new and spectacular. Just what this genealogist Grandma needs. We definitely put it through its paces.

Here's a taster of her awesome pics. ('Scuse the runny noses.) (And the fact that NEVER are all three kids smiling at once.) (And if my kids' hair looks too shaggy that's because it was too shaggy. I am sorry. It's been cut and shaped up and will be debuted in an upcoming blog.)













Nicholas is his own man, but I love this picture documenting his observant eye on his big bro.













Jackson's face says, "So this is what it's like to die." Nico's says, "Grandma, don't you see what's happening?" And Jacob's says, "I can show love and inflict pain at the same time! All right!"






























I love pictures of kids looking at each other. It looks like Jacob and Jackson got the joke. All of the adults in this house hate that book. Too many flaps!













Look familiar? (Again, their hair is bad. And Jacob has a crazy, mad dreadlock tuft.)













There are so many cute pictures it's overwhelming and I'm a bit too tired to keep looking...but expect to see more (as I am nowhere near done documenting their great trip) and check out this amazing shot captured by Natalie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Grandma Jan ....there is nothing like a picture of anything and especially the kids.

Anonymous said...

So glad that Jan's so good with the photogs. Loved seeing those cute pics, especially that one with Nico peering over the top of the crib.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Big chuckle from us on the last pic. Too cute. Love to see the boys any time we can. Loved the look outside to see metropolitan Chicago. Jana, Robyn, Meredith, boy style. Love, love cousins!!!!!
We missed you, but know you had fun. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

We are the three aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . MIGOS! And amigos forever we'll be . . . EEEEEEEE!!!!!