Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Mary, Cheese and "Special Smiles"

We got a new camera for Christmas (YAY!) and I am having a fun time working with it. I still have a lot to learn, but the improvement in quality is exciting. Here are some examples of typical "poses" in our household. And now that I've been taking more pictures expect a lot more of these faces...these boys really love to have their picture taken. LOVE IT.

All I said for these pictures was "Be like Mary". Everything about this face I love. The nose, the eyes, the cheeks. Soft and lovely.

























Of course, this is his most common pose, but here's a funny "cheese".













Lastly are Jacob's "special smiles". I substitute in primary for singing time often. Last Sunday I led the music and loved seeing sweet J. Not only was he so reverent and attentive, but he kept on giving me sweet, genuine smiles. I complimented him on the special smiles he gave me and then he proceeded to show me more "special smiles". That boy loves to pose.













But sometimes the special smiles look a little bit funny. Here's a prime example. He's not about to sneeze, he's holding his "special smile".













Nice.

4 comments:

Hilda said...

"Mary" is adorable, and I can just imagine Jacob giving you those sincere smiles in Primary.

Jana said...

your boys are so awesome to smile at the camera...do you know how lucky you are??? My son will either look at the camera and pull a face, or smile and look off in another direction...ARRG!

Grandma Jan said...

I just read all the posts since the gingerbread post. All are so good. Burrr! As I bask in this warm California sun....I loved the analysis of little boys and puppy dogs, even when they are grown. My little girl was more like a princess trying on wedding gowns last night. All very magical and wonderful. If you don' get your little girl in May, you will some day in the not so distant future, say 20 or 25 years from now. Love you all. Keep smiling and clicking and bundling.

Mimi said...

Such cute pictures! Your boys are just so handsome...I don't think it's possible to take a bad picture of them!