Tuesday, January 05, 2010

My Puppy Dogs

We are not finding out the gender of this baby ahead of time. We didn't with the boys and feel excited to find out the gender at the birth again. I can definitely see the pros of finding out ahead of time and I realize it's a surprise to find out at the ultrasound, but we're just suckers for the high drama surprise. That being said, with two boys in our family we can't help feeling a bit more longing for a girl this time around and a bit more uncertain that we'll get one.

It's weird to think that we might never have a girl. We would be very happy with all boys. I would love, love, love another little boy. Ooh, just love it. That being said, Jacob and Nicholas have just been pretty manly lately, engaging in the types of general tom-foolery my angel sister and I would never have dreamed of. EVER. And sometimes, sometimes the thought of more men in the house isn't a comforting one.

I mentioned these thoughts to a friend and she told me that her husband only has brothers and that they're just like a bunch of puppy dogs when they're together, even as adults. The imagery was endearing and captivating.

A few days later the boys were going to watch a show and they both jumped into this chair. I braced myself for fighting, but it didn't come. Jacob kept saying it was "built for two". They giggled, rocked, commented on the show, and shared the chair happily for 10 minutes. They even parted amicably. Amicably!































I guess soon enough it will be football, not "Lighting McQueen" that they're watching. Just maybe in separate chairs...














OK, after rereading this I realize that was a pretty girly moment for them. More like kittens than puppies. Oh well, more wrestling posts to come.

5 comments:

bo said...

oh man, they are just too cute.

Hilda said...

Cute Pa toot! Little men will be best of friends forever...I'm sure.

Jana said...

Serioulsy! I love the rare moments when the kids just have fun being together! It's the BEST! Those boys will always have fun being buds!

Andrea said...

Not girly at all. I find even with Mason being little, Payton and Mason are so cute together. Boys should never be alone I have decided. They always need a brother.

Jana said...

btw...Nico has his mommy and Grandma's squinty eyes!!! I LOVE IT!