Monday, March 22, 2010

And Baby Makes Five

In about a month and a half lil' baby Hutch will be making his (or her) appearance. We are genuinely excited to have a newborn again. I love my newborn babies. Both Matt and I do. And that's saying a lot because there were a number of reasons not to enjoy them (emergency c-sections after long labors, nursing problems, colic). But they were delightful in their own ways and I cherish my memories of those first few months. A truly miraculous time.

I'm getting so excited to meet this baby. I just can't wait to see their face. To know if it's a boy or a girl. To have a name figured out. To feel that beautiful, smooth newborn skin. To know if it will have hair or not. I will be a little shocked to have a bald baby. A precedent for hair has been set and I'm comfortable with it.

Additionally, I'm feeling nervous about adding a third child to our family. What the heck is it going to be like? Um, I guess I can answer that: crazy. It will be crazy. For a while. Standards will be lowered. Sleep will be missed. And it will be OK. It will be great. Crazy, but great.

For now I'll focus on enjoying these last weeks of pregnancy. All of the kicks, gasps for breath, and trips to the bathroom. Preparing our house for a baby and then an imminent summer internship move. Preparing myself physically and emotionally for what's headed my way. Preparing the boys for their new addition. And enjoying sleep. Lots and lots of sleep. And hopefully a few good dates with Matt.

So, here's to baby number three! We are so very excited to have you coming our way.

Here I am at 32 weeks. Hugeness has come. More is on the way.

11 comments:

Mardee Rae said...

Did you go to the beach last week? That pic looks like the park at the beach. You look so cute. I'm so excited for you. Isn't five a big number suddenly? Can't wait to meet Hutch #3. Girl or boy. sh-he will be loved. by us. And you, apparently.

Jana said...

Awww...I am excited about hutch #3! I can't believe it is so close! Time sure flies when you are not the one carrying the baby! You can do it!

Grandma Jan said...

Robyn you still look great! And you are still moving around pretty good too! Thanks for all your help with Rachel and Stephen's wedding. If you are getting a lot of sleep, it was not while you were with us last week! We too are so excited for this new grandbaby. Girl, Boy? Sweet? no question about that! Bet it will have wispy hair that tickles my nose when I get to cuddle it. Preparations now lead to fun later. Good luck!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Whit Whoo! You look so great! Hooray for babies! Here's hoping that you get a fuss free, sleeping, awesome nurser, head with hair baby! So excited for you!
ps Did Matt get an internship then? Are you all moving togther? Where to?

Chelseanator said...

Such a beautiful post! I love your positive outlook. :] It made me more excited for you guys too!!! I can't wait either. It does seem like its flying by and I hope you can just keep enjoying it all up and getting lots of rest. It will be a wonderful change and I think its great you have such a good perspective about it. A prepared woman is a calm woman my mom says! You look beautiful and so darn cute! Not huge at all! Best of luck these next few weeks!

Love, Chelsea
p.s. yeah do you guys know where you are moving to!?!?!?! whoa!

Melissa said...

I love the baby bump you look great. Where are you going this summer I am dying to know? Heard you were in bama wish I could have been there. Anyway, good luck with the last weeks and enjoy your sleep.

Hilda said...

A new baby Hutch! I can't wait!! See you in May - I'll be there with bells on. By the way Robyn, you really look good!

Aunt LuAnn said...

Well, I'm jealous--not so o o much for you, but a lot for Hilda. You do look great. You're a great mom.

Bo said...

you look great. i can't wait to meet the new addition.

The Grays: said...

You look awesome! I hear you were in Bham recently...Next time you are here, look us up! - San

Andrea said...

You are such a darling prego person! You look like you have a little basketball under your shirt! I am so excited for you. You make such great looking kids! Good luck! Your almost there!