Friday, July 16, 2010

Losing His Marbles

Jacob has found a new favorite pass time. Grandpa Gam has a jar full of marbles from when he was a boy and has graciously allowed Jacob to play with them. Every. Single. Day.

He only gets to play with them when Nico is down for his nap (or solitary confinement when he won't nap). The minute I start getting Nicholas ready for nap Jacob is on me to find out when he can play with marbles. And if I can play with him. In urgent, pleading whispers. Can I? Can I? Please? Please? Please?

Below he had organized them in order of how much he liked them.

By the way, playing real marbles is majorly fun. Just get a piece of yarn to make a circle on the ground and start calling your shots. It's like playing pool on the floor!


















Allow me to say despite the title of this post, I am loving 5 year old Jacob. Darling, earnest, and responsible. Loving it.

4 comments:

Elise said...

I love marbles! One of my favorite pastimes as well!

Anonymous said...

I love Jacob. He is smart and handsome and a great singer. He is a loyal brother too. I loved my birthday song and card. What a great boy he is!

It is so fun to watch him grow up and take interest in increasingly complex things. I remember him so well watching Baby Einstein in his bouncer and now he is playing marbles. I'm so glad I got to see him (and all of the amazing and talented Hutches). Love you!

Mere said...

Oops. That was me. :)

Grandma Jan said...

So very cute. I see a trip to the retro toy store in downtown Northport about August 24th!