As I read the book I had a real hankering to see the movie version that I watched repeatedly as a teenager. Heck, that a lot of us watched repeatedly as teenagers. Needless to say, by the end of the book that movie had to be seen. At least 10 years had passed since the last time I'd watched it. When I proposed a movie night Matt asked, "Is this the movie where he says 'Sink me'?" Yes, Matt, it is.
As Matt and I were waiting for the movie to start I turned to him and said, "By the way, the Scarlet Pimpernel is hot."
Matt was shocked by my claim and said that that was the first time he'd ever heard me call anyone "hot". I am naturally so demure, you see? Anyway, after watching the movie Matt was totally underwhelmed by the Scarlet Pimpernel's hotness.
And I couldn't believe it. I told him categorically that girls my age watched that movie a ton and that we en masse find the Scarlet Pimpernel super duper hot. Especially in the "ruggedly handsome" scene. If you've seen the movie you know what I'm talking about. You know.
If you don't know, here it is. Sigh.
Even with the feathered hair and bad make-up, it's just undeniable, no? (Sorry it's embedded funny.)
Matt still doesn't believe that I am not the only girl in the world who feels this way. After a healthy debate I said, "I bet if I put a poll on my blog there would be tons of girls who would agree with me." Matt said, "Do put a poll on your blog!" with skepticism and doubt in every word.
Ok, bring it.
So you 25 to 35 year old female readers of my blog, who's with me? If you are with me, let Matt know! It's just that important...
By the way, if you haven't seen this movie, or it's been a while, I encourage you to watch it. For more than just the hotness. You won't be sorry.
10 comments:
Seeing as the Scarlet Pimpernel is one MY favorite movies, I will DEFINITELY agree with the hotness idea. I've always thought he was so dreamy!
I'm not sure of the hotness of the lead but as you know I always like those kind of movies. Now give me "The Ten Commandments" and I am all set!
I can honestly say I loved the Scarlett Pimpernel. Yes, he is "hot", though I do prefer the phrase ruggedly handsome!
Yes. Hot. Yes. Take THAT Matt!
um, I think maybe I don't have the context. Never seen it or read it (cultural ignoramus?), I hate to admit! He did have some kind of magnetism when the light hit him just right. But I, like Matt, was taken aback the tiniest bit to hear you say "hot". :)
When you mentioned he was hot, I instantly thought to myself, "Oh yes! Especially in that scene where he saves the prince by hiding in a tree trunk, wearing that bad boy leather cuff on his wrist! And also in that scene in the library where he tells Marguerite, 'Do not turn around.'"
If there had been posters, they would have been all over my walls and in my locker.
Sorry, Matt.
Hot! Hot! Hot!
He's a total hottie, but I have to admit, I've been more smitten with Hugh Jackman lately. I just saw him in his 1998 London version of Oklahoma!
Especially at that last "sink me" on the ship, right before the credits role, slowly, manly, "ruggedly,"...
"the lady's a poet." Hot.
I saw this late, so I don't know if the poll is still going. As thee fan of the Scarlet Pimpernel, I can say he is hot in every way. Recently I went and saw the play. That was the only thing that I hated about the play. It was that he was too "Gay like" Way too dumb and girly. Never was he hot. Music is pretty though. Anyway love the movie and love him. In three words.... Matt your wrong.
Post a Comment