Saturday, November 27, 2010

The better to see you with, my dear

People often comment that Benjamin's eyes are big, alert, and wide open. Like, really wide open. He doesn't sleepily look about, as my cousin Meredith says, as if he's hardly aware of his surroundings, but rather he stares as if he's looking straight down into your soul.

He is also my first reserved baby. He doesn't seem to fear strangers, but he's not the type to shower them with his smiles. Benjamin prefers to soberly observe strangers until he's determined them to be friendly. And despite his numerous interactions with the camera, alas he still counts it as a stranger.

Today there were a couple of times when I was bustling about and suddenly stopped and looked at him. I inexplicably felt like his phasers were on me and they were set on stun. And sure enough, there he was fixing me with his steely gaze and loving me all the while.













I love you always my sweet stalker. Thanks for noticing me.

7 comments:

mere said...

I love and miss those eyes.

Grandma Jan said...

Such a precious little man!

mere said...

Also, the little feetsies in the background are so, so cute.

Leland said...

He does just look into your heart! We love you all.

lucy said...

Mother and I comment all the time about how cutely Benji looks at you, Robyn. He does adore you with his stares, but mostly with his mama-only smiles.

Andrea said...

I miss him and those other little cuties. I miss him snuggling in asleep. I miss Jacob and his never ending questions. I miss Nico and his love for trains. I miss you of course too. Have a Merry Christmas!

Hilda said...

That is one cute little guy who obviously adores his Momma. Just want to pick him up and gently squeeze.