Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dear Chicago Sports Fest,

I love you. I only wish I'd known about you earlier.

Love,
Robyn

The Sports Fest is held at the McCormick convention center, which is probably the largest indoor space I have ever been in (this picture shows about a third of the room).













Seriously, this was amazing. Perfect for my little men. If you know my kids at all, you know this is right up their alley. Behold!

Soccer and bouncy balls





































Inflatables


















40 yard dash with sensors that record your speed





























































Nicholas requested that Matt carry him...





































More inflatables

























Still more





































Balloon tennis

























Remote control cars













Bowling

























Golf





































Big wheels!





































Hula hoops













And what did Benjamin do while they laughed, jumped, kicked and hit? He sat and endured.













Thank you my sweet baby. Someday I'll find you something cool to do and make the big boys sit around bored while you do it.

Truly a great morning.

10 comments:

Aunt LuAnn said...

Little boy heaven,for sure. Isn't it always the way it is? You find many of the great spots just when you are ready to move on. This looks like a blast. As Jacob would say, "I almost had a blast!"

Hilda said...

Jana here, I don't want to log mom out....wow! I want to go to that some day! What I loved from the looks of your picture was that it didn't look busy. Dad said it probably was, but there is so much room in the McCormic Center that all the people were spread out. I would REALLY REALLY love to do that! Miss you!

Robyn said...

Oh yeah, it wasn't too busy at all. No wait or tiny wait to do everything.

Lindsay said...

Oh man, I bet jacob went wild when he found out he could record how fast he runs! Did it say he is as fast as a rocket?

nbarnes2 said...

that looks like so much fun!! oh my oh my i can't stop laughing at the pics of matt carrying nico.

Mardee Rae said...

Images of J's head shaking back and forth to show me how fast he runs...
We SOOO should have been there! Jealous!

Mimi said...

Oh man, that looks like such a blast! Wish we could've been there! I want to know how many times Jacob did the speed measuring dash. He's always challenging me to races, and I think that machine could be just what we need to settle things once and for all. :)

Mere said...

You and Matt are wonderful parents. I love seeing all the great things the two of you do with your boys. You are always giving them great experiences.

Also, I'm with Natalie. The pics of Matt carrying Nico are genius.

Grandma Jan said...

Oh my Goodness!! This looks wonderful. It reminds me of taking the 3 grandsons to help clean up after Rachel and Stephen's wedding. The gym seemed so big to me. The boys enjoyed their golf clubs but wow this place guy norm us!!!!!
Little Ben just hang in there. It won't be long til you will be running just like the big uns.
Love you ALL, big and small

Andrea said...

That is one of the coolest events I have ever seen. I am jealous! Your boys looked like they had more than just a little bit. Hey have you decided if you are coming this month? We miss you guys!