Sunday, January 30, 2011

I love you like I love a day at Disneyland

Sure, there might be lines. And you might have to walk a lot. And the churro vendor might be out. And your favorite ride might be closed for repairs. And you will definitely have to hear "It's a Small World" one too many times. But, really, honestly, it's a pretty rock star day.

Nicholas is my Disneyland-day boy. Exciting, tiring, and lots of fun. Sure, there are hard things, but it ain't no thing with him. He's quick to redirect, he's cuddly, he's sweet, he's playful, he's imaginative, and he's thoughtful.

I love this boy*. I feel like this stage is slipping through my fingers. Oh please don't grow older. I wouldn't change a thing.

Except for the no churros.

























*As I love all of my boys.

3 comments:

Mardee Rae said...

What a sweet post! And you look so pretty in those pictures! Oh, and Nico is cute, too :)

Hilda said...

Robyn...I love this post. So cleverly written - it just sums up that adorable and funnyman Nicholas.

Mere said...

Pete and blue-eyed Re-pete! (or is it Repeat?) What a sweet post.

Every couple of years, my mom says, "You know, I thought you were so fun at [and she will name a recent-ish age], but I have so much more fun with you now than I did then. Every age just gets more fun!"

I'm sure you'll feel the same way about that cute Nico. And the great thing is, you will know you appreciated and enjoyed every age. Win!