we salute you.
Especially on Halloween.
Here's Benjamin while rocking at the ward party. Rocking (for those who are unsure) as Angus Young from AC/DC. If you've seen School of Rock the outfit Jack Black wears in the concert at the end is an homage to Angus Young. Only about 10% of the party goers knew who he was, but those who recognized him greeted him with shouts of, "Oh my goodness, is that Angus Young?!", "AC/DC man!" and "Best costume of the night!". Plus, he really looked cute no matter what he was, so his costume filled its purpose.
Oh the time he spent working on opening that M & M bag. Good times.
Jacob and Nicholas also rocked. They rocked as Bumblebee and Captain America. (We've gone corporate.)
The tight buttocks of justice. Check out Nico's panty line.
Matt and I were Jack and Meg White of the White Stripes. Unfortunately we didn't get a picture together. Seriously, what's the point of a couple costume if you can't get yourselves together for one shot?! Oh well, between these two pictures you get the idea. Especially the idea of Matt's red skinny jeans. Hee. We wore name tags since, again, only a certain percentage knew who the heck we were. We had planned on straightening Matt's hair, but time was short. And he grew it out just for that purpose!
Oh, and on Halloween itself we couldn't find his white shirt, so we opted for a Braves shirt.
All of the short of timeness came from Matt working late lately and my being part of the group in charge of the ward party. We were pretty much time crunched and stressed a lot of the week. Poor us! Well, it was a lot of work and I didn't handle it very gracefully. Just ask my kids!
The above pictures are a mix of the ward party and our own trick or treating on Halloween. On Halloween we went with friends to Larry's for pizza and then came back to our neighborhood to trick or treat. It was wild and lots of fun. This neighborhood is cuckoo for Halloween. Spider webs, fog machines, lights, and general spookiness.
Poor Benjamin was so tired during our trick or treating. He was on his own highway to hell. Ba dum bum.
Here are the boys lounging with their loot. Don't they have Halloween entitlement written all over their faces? Um, and postures?
Nico's school had a Halloween party and parade on Halloween. This was a totally candid shot. I love how he swings his arms while walking. Even when not dressed as an arm swinging superhero machine.
I was intrigued by the Belle next to Nico. I have 6 pictures of her and they all look the same. Super bored, slightly bummed and also darling. You're Belle honey, enjoy! Also, Buzz Lightyear's wings were push button activated. Whoah! And yes, Nico is the shortest one in his class.
And the cutest! I really love this face.
Nico and his teacher were both Bumblebee for Halloween.
And to sign off here are some pictures we took the day we got their costumes a few weeks ago. They were so excited!
And so dramatic.
My favorite pic of the night. In the car before the ward party when their "crazy hair" still held.
When it's all said and done, it was a good Halloween.
Sunday, November 06, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What can I say? From first pic (sooo cute!) to last pic, your blog was worth the wait. Halloween rocks in your family. Don't sweat what you didn't get done. What you got done was so GREAT. Love you. I'm laughing, laughing, laughing.
Not the bumblebee costume I was expecting...how powerful those boys look! I know you had fun. I loved seeing both the new and old houses. Looking forward to the next holiday, THANKSGIVING!!!
Totally laughed out loud multiple times.... panty line.... hahahaha
Hey Robyn! They are so cute and we miss them! You new house looks awesome too so I am sure you are enjoying it. We miss you!
Soooo cute! Haha! I LOVE Nico's fist raised in the air being all macho. I hear ya...Halloween seemed like a whirlwind of events and it is sometimes hard to enjoy that. I'm glad you guys had a fun time though! Everyone looked so adorable!
Great post Robyn! Kept me laughing all the way through. The big boys looked so fierce, and Benj just stole my heart. :)
I love!
Post a Comment