Sunday, June 03, 2012

Birthday season is upon us

Let the tantrums begin!



Jacob's birthday is coming up in a few weeks. Nico's birthday comes up two weeks later. It's a tricky dance. No matter how much I tell Nico that awesomeness will be his on his birthday it sometimes hasn't turned out that well.

The above picture is of Jacob's 5th birthday party at the park in Chicago.  A (Benjamin) lifetime ago, by the way.  Thanks again Mardee for lighting that unlightable windswept candle so that I could restrain Nico from going all Hulk on the festivities.

Here's hoping for a tear-free season!  Happy birthdaying!

4 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

A picture paints a thousand words!

Jana said...

Grandma Jan is right...priceless!

Hilda said...

Nico going hulk....hilarious! Wonder when he'll figure out that his birthday is always around the corner after Jacobs. Life's just not fair. :)

Mere said...

Oh, don't you just remember how that felt? This photo perfectly illustrates how I felt sometimes at your or Jana's b.day parties. I tried to be happy for you, but it was just so HARD. I think the only thing I really love about adulthood is how perspective broadens.

Happy birthday season! Hope it's a little easier this year.