Today's "something" is posting a few pictures of the kids. Taken a month ago, but we won't dwell on that. These four beautiful, healthy, strong, good kids. They are trouble and crazy, too, but I feel so fortunate to have them. All three boys started sports in January and so it's felt like life is one big race against the clock. We're getting better at rolling out on time and filling the "inbetweens" wisely. It's also been very very warm. Climate change warm. The lemonade of those lemons is that we have been outside riding bikes and eating sidewalk chalk (if you're Liesl). The kids have so many friends on our street and I love it that they can spend time riding down our street singing "we are the champions" with Eli or playing a quick football game with Noah and Van. I think anyone who knows the boys knows that the little ones are riding the bikes and that Jacob is playing the football. And Liesl is still just eating the chalk. Life isn't perfect, in fact, it feels still very figuratively and literally messy, but bit by bit we seem to make forward motion each day. I love these kiddos.
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Little Changes
Sometimes I try to do sweeping reforms in my life, but I am learning the art of the small change. Just doing something rather than waiting for a "perfect moment" to do something pretty grand that never comes. Here's to chipping away piece by piece and being happy that you simply did something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow Robyn! Your kids have grown up! Little Leisl isn't a baby anymore, but seems to have taken on toddler stage! And Jacob?! He's so handsome...watch out young women! Did you end up moving from your parent's house?
Robyn, I just mailed you a note and (spelled Liesl's name wrong the whole time...why do I do that?) then decided to sit down and read through your blog. Olivia looked over my shoulder and asked who that adorable little baby was. I couldn't tell her and stay composed and so I didn't answer. My heart breaks for you, dear friend. I love you and your family. It's easy to love the two littles that I've never even met because they have you as a mom. It's snowing here today in Ohio and so my mind is with your little Liesl Snow. Love you.
Post a Comment