Monday, August 08, 2005

Over the Coosa and through Tallapoosa to Grandmother's house we go

This past weekend we went to Tuscaloosa to visit Grandma & Grandpa Hutchison. We had a great time. I soon realized that Grandma had been preparing and waiting for grandchildren long before she got one. She had a pack and play, a crib mobile, stacks of baby clothes, and a baby monitor--all of which I would wager she's had for at least a year longer than we've been married. They all got put to use this weekend. It was a short trip, but Jacob loved seeing his grandparents and his Aunt Rachel. As evidenced by the below pictures.









Also, just so everyone knows, this smiley boy weighs 10 lbs. 12 oz. and is 22.5 inches long. We went to the doctor today for a well baby check up and he is doing...well! He also got four immunizations. I have never heard him cry like that, and I'd like to think I'm an expert on his crying. His tears even brought some to my own eyes.

Needless to say it's been a big weekend. Jacob went on a road trip and got shots! He did great with both. We are so proud of him! Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Those pictures are adorable! You can't help but smile when looking at them!

Anonymous said...

Loved those pictures!! Now that is one prepared Grandma - she's amazing! Seems like Jacob survived his first big road trip really well! He sure is growing - its so fun to see the changes. We're looking forward to seeing him in a couple of weeks
Love ya'll lots!!

Anonymous said...

Awww . . . what a cute little punkin! This aunt is just swooning over that adorable baby. I'm glad he had a good time at Grandma and Grandpa's. Grandmas and grandpas (and aunts) are the best!

Poor Robyn. I'm so sorry you had to do the shot thing. My mom tried to make my dad take me for those, but he couldn't stand it either. They both still shudder when talking about it, while I have blissfully forgotten. It hurts you more than it hurts them, right? You are a good mom.

Thanks for the pics. I think Jacob definitely got lots of adorable expressiveness--from both you and Matt.

Carly said...

Him toe tweet! How's the sleep situation? Are you gettin' any?

Robyn said...

Thanks everyone! I take all of those compliments personally and subconsciously apply them to myself. So a very big thank you.

And Carly, he sleeps so well. So well I'm almost embarrassed to say. But, I will...this whole week he's slept 8 hours a night! Last night was the first night in a week he woke up during the night. It was good while it lasted!

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys. Its Melanie (Hermana Love). I see your darling baby, and I might I say, he is soooooo goodlookin'!!!! You guys are super funny. Robyn, its been so long since I have talked to you that I almost forgot about your wit. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I loved your pregnant photo. I tried to imagine you in your sister missionary outfits like that. I can't believe you had a baby. I am so happy for you.

Love you

Melanie (Love) Baird