Saturday, August 26, 2006

"Ah, but I was so much older then...



...I'm younger than that now."

Why is it that Bob Dylan seems to sum up our life experiences with such poetry and insight?

But this is really true. Today Matt and I (Remember Jacob? This blog used to be about him, right?) are celebrating our third anniversary. And when I look at these pictures I realize just how "young" we are in this whole thing. We thought we really knew so much about eachother, marriage and life three years ago. In reality we've been pleasantly, and sometimes less than pleasantly, surprised by eachother, marriage and life many times since.

I'm so very grateful for Matt and the life we share. He is my wonderful husband, my truest of friends, and a really cute guy.

Enjoy some funny and sweet pictures from our wedding those many long (not to imply drudgery) years ago.



Matt said that I only picked this picture because you can seem my face and not his.



Not so, my dear Matt, not so.



6 comments:

Andrea said...

Robyn!
Time sure goes fast. That seems like only yesterday. I am so happy for you. I also wanted to tell you how sorry I was not to see you this trip. Payton got sick and I know better than to try and share yucky germs. Better luck next time. Love Andrea

Anonymous said...

Awww . . . Happy Anniversary, you two! Congrad-chumalations to both of you this time.

You are such a great couple and I'm so happy that the two of you found each other.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that things will work out for the two of you despite your Scrabble squabbles and the disagreements about the garage door.

That was such a happy day--we all now have Jacob to amaze us and your brilliant blog to read.

Anonymous said...

Best Wishs to the both (or should I say all three of you). It is hard to believe that three years have gone by. I was just talking to a Mike Alder who replaced your Dad as Stake President (He works at BYU now) I was telling him about the Alabama wedding reception. He asked me if Matt was treating my daughter well and I assured him that you were the best. He has great praise for those Alabama ways that they treat women. "Yes Sir" you are a real southern man. We love you and wish "all of you" the best on this special day. Dad

Anonymous said...

Ok Robin, you are seriously funny. I am not just talking a little hee haw every once in a while- I am talking Erma Bombeck funny. I think you should be hired to write funny things about all of our pictures. Maybe you could start a web page where people submit pictures and you write funny things and then we all laugh. You could even charge for it. you know a good laugh is at least worth a $15.00 copay!
We were thrilled to see you.
Love Shari

Anonymous said...

Such bliss! You two look georgous...so young and in love! It's always fun to look at wedding pictures. Now there's three of you...hard to believe!

Happy Anniversary again!

We love you all!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Goodness sakes - I forgot to ask you how your 'date' was when we were on the phone just now.
Congratulations on three years! You two are such a great, fun, wonderful couple! We miss you guys and hope to see you soon!!! ps Robyn - your hair is beautiful in that last picture;) Oh - and so is your face Matt;)