Thursday, November 09, 2006

Halloween Night

We had a happy Halloween. I was going CRAZY with my thesis (which, by the way, is all done and awaiting the defense in a few weeks), so I sent Matt to go get the Halloween candy. I was not disappointed. Serious.

Butterfingers. KitKats. Take 5s.

Machoo stepped up. Mmmm.




I had been imagining Jacob's costume for a few months, but had put off actually making it until the night o' Halloween. I don't recommend it. However, I think we pulled off a cute look.



Jacob got used to the scarecrow look when we went to the pumpkin patch.



(Which, by the way, was not quite the picture taking mecca that everyone claimed...mainly because he was a lot more interested in the parking lot than he was in the pumpkins.)



Back to Halloween. Jacob had his pre-costume outfit on.



He rolled around on the couch for a while.



And then he read scriptures to off-set the evil nature of Halloween.



Here's the finished product! I think he's too big for those overalls, what do you think? Jacob was a scarecrow (which we found out is exactly what Matt was for his second birthday...all that straw hair). Matt and I were crows. Get it? Get it? Huh? Huh?



Check out the fine detail on those cuffs utilizing my favorite hemming/sewing tool, packing tape. Just ask my mom! (Let it be known that my mom does not condone my use of packing tape, but she still loves me.)



The costume stayed on for about half a minute, which I guess should make me feel better about making it last minute. Someday, someday he'll care.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

That is one cute scarecrow! Good luck on your thesis!

Anonymous said...

Robyn, your little boy does "The Robyn Head-Tilt" in his pictures! I had no idea it was a genetic trait! It is so cute and win-some.

I couldn't see a scrap of tape--wonderful handiwork on the scarecrow's cuffs. I say, "Whatever works!". But maybe don't tell your mom that I said that. :)

I must not be a crow, because I did NOT want to keep away from that little man. In fact, I want to give him a big aunt hug and kiss (so soon!!).

Hey--come to think of it, the very attractive crows in the picture didn't look scared either, but I wouldn't take it as a costume failure. I think it must be a genetic triumph!

Yay cute Halloween pictures!

Jana said...

OH! How cute! I wish our internet was working! He is SOOOO darling! Love you!

Anonymous said...

The cutest little scarecrow! Scary crows! Take a picture of his toe-mater truck...we just see a little corner of it :]
So looking forward to seeing all of you this coming Saturday. HELP!! :D I better get busy!