Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Shoo fly, don't bother me. I'm reading!



I think I'll find a nook
curl up and read a book.
Some nice and quiet spot,
Someplace where that fly is not.

That little ditty is from our "Shoo Fly" book, which Jacob loves. I am always finding him secreted away playing with a toy or book (or hymnbook). That makes it sound like I leave him unsupervised for long stretches of time. Not so, he just likes his quiet time and is quick to grab the chance to enjoy it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very cool photo! Wow! So sweet, I love it! Its perfect!

Reading and Quiet time are the best for Everyone! :]

Enjoy for sure!

Love, Chelsea

Andrea said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

Love it! He reminds me a lot (!) of Meredith that way. Isn't it fun to watch him. You can see him putting it all together. Naps, playing happily alone. You could do better?

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Don't be frightened by my mother's comment. I'm sure he'll be nothing like his Auntie Mere. :)

He really is adorable (in that way, yes, were are alike). I love it that he can just drift off by himself for some quiet time. Hopefully he'll keep that up when Baby Hutch arrives.

So cute!

Anonymous said...

oooooops! I meant to say, "You couldn't do better."

Sorry.

Anonymous said...

"Blurry Boyhood Bliss" That beautiful boy will be surrounded by a bevy of books all his most blessed life....especially if he follows in both his Mom and Dad's boots. (how do you like the alliteration?):D

Love that BOY, and just want to give him a BIG hug!!

Love ya, Bom (I mean Mom)

Jana said...

How precious! What a lovely moment! I think you can say the Slothowers are back, expect more comments!