There are 21 squares (as in town squares) in historic Savannah located every few blocks. Talk about always having a place to mix and mingle and be! There are also about 21,000,000 (approx.) historic markers in Savannah, 90% of which are found in the squares. The squares also have gorgeous trees called live oaks that are covered in Spanish moss. Apparently they are full of "reyd buuugs and cheiggers!" At least according to our trolley tour guide Denise they are. We think Denise has the most stereotypical southern accent ever. We also think that she turns that accent up a few notches in order to get more tips. Just a theory, but our pockets were deeper for her than for her Yank co-worker.
Check out them trees, them chiggers and that hot guy on the park bench!

A few interesting facts about Savannah:
1. The girl scouts were founded in Savannah, which made us happy because we love the cookies. For reference, I love thin mints and Matt loves tagalongs (gross!).
2. All of the bench scenes in Forrest Gump were filmed in one of Savannah's squares.
3. Savannah is full of old homes that people insist on claiming are "haunted". The colonial architecture is so beautiful that even I would consider living in one, despite all of the spirits of the damned, et al.
4. There isn't much in the way of public parking or bathrooms in Savannah. Which means that with all of the walking and the lack bathrooms this pregnant girl got swolled (swollen). I must say though, it was well worth the pudgy toes and nose!
4 comments:
C'mon, you had to have taken more than two pictures!
It looks relaxing.
Cute pants.
I have been wanting to go to Savannah since I was a Girl Scout leader. It is so pretty and the weather has been so unseasonably warm. What a great time of year to go. Y'all both do look so relaxed. These pictures must have been taken before my call Saturday morn. Love y'all.
Looks very quaint and idyllic. Wait a minute is that Forrest Gump on the bench, or is it Matt? Or maybe it's Tom Hanks!:] Handsome dude whoever it is! Love your pregnant look Robyn. You look healthy and fresh! What a fun getaway!!
Love you, Mom
You look so cute with that belly. I wish I had looked that cute pregnant!
Post a Comment