Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Take me out to the Ballgame

It was the big man's 30th birthday. His dad wanted to take him to a Braves game...and the big man invited the little man to join him.



I told him he was crazy (and wonderful), but he insisted that spending his birthday evening with Jacob, his dad and his brother Garrett sounded great. So he loaded Jacob up and took Marta (Atlanta's railway) to the ball park. Let me say that again, he took a 2 year old on MARTA. By himself! Carting Jacob's carseat and a backpack full of Jacob's stuff on his back. What a man, huh?

Jacob was dressed to kill in full Braves attire (thanks Shayleen!).



Jacob had a seat, but I guess 30 pounds don't keep those seats open very well! Check out that mouth as he tries to keep it open!



They even got there early enough to watch batting practice.



Jacob was a P-I-double-L for his daddy (apparently they had quite a wrestling match) but he was a dream for Papa and Unkie Garrett.







The funniest detail of the evening is how much Jacob ate. Pizza, hot dogs, peanuts (poo-nuts as he calls them), soda, nachos...he truly got the full ball park eating experience.



He even got a taste of Papa's hand for good measure.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a manly thing to do.. or in the case of Jacob a "little manly" thing to do. I loved the picture of Jacob and Matt looking at batting practice. Now that "little man" looks like he knows great hitting. I wish I could have been there!!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures! And LeGrand said Jacob didn't see a pitch! It looks as though he has some opinion of the sport during batting practice! I heard he was a great entertainer for the fellow Braves fans. Papa says Jacob may not remember the evening but it is one his Papa will never forget! I bet that goes for Jacob's Dad and Uncle G as well!

Caroline said...

OH I laughed out loud at that picture of Jacob trying to keep his seat down! Too cute!

Shayleen Lunt said...

What a great little tradition! Just as long as all that ball park food is a once a year tradition too. Happy Birthday Matt! Great pictures!

Jana said...

Okay, Jon and I laughed out loud at the fact that Jacob calls them "poo nuts"!!! What a fun guys night out! HIPPO BIRDIES Matt! We hope it was GREAT!

Anonymous said...

What is cuter--Jacob at the game or the fact that his loving daddy took him to his first game to bond with the Hutch boys? What a man, Matt! Hope you had a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Matt!

Wow, you've joined the ranks w/ the John-aaahhhh!!! Don't worry you can skip this year (& any others you want) and let Robyn catch up w/ you. :] That's what John is doing now for me, hee hee..

It looked like a fabulous birthday celebration. How fun to go to a Braves game w/ such a cute and energic little boy! We loved those games. So glad you could get in some good male/family bonding time! Best wishes for another fabulous year!

Love, Chelsea & John

holly said...

what a fun outing! that is the best. from our experience taking our own little ones to the ball park, the higher the ratio of adults to kids the better. 2:2 is quite challenging. 3:1 is much more doable and enjoyable for sure. :)