Tuesday, September 16, 2008

For Natalie on her birthday














The view from our living room window as per your request. (Don't you want to see it for yourself?) We're two floors too low to see the Chicago skyline, but on weekends the lake is full of sailboats. (Well worth the visit.)

The boys love the view too. We're 3 blocks from the commuter rail line and one freight train track. There's a beautiful view of it all from the bathroom window. No need for clothes to enjoy a good train spotting.


















We love you and Happy Birthday Natalie! (Come visit us.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had to come visit your blog and see your new life. Hmm. Doesn't seem very homey yet. I like the outside of your apartment and I am sure you will make the apt warmer in no time at all.
We missed you last night at the Personal History Group. We are scheduled for Oct 14th next month. Please try to squeeze us it. We all love and miss you so much. Funny thing about the group last night was that there were only three of us and we were all divorced and remarried. We ended up talking about that quite a bit because it was a large part of Lynda and Jeanne's conversion stories, (but not mine).
The ward newsletter basically didn't exist this month without the two of you. Four days past the deadline and I had only two articles!
Hugs and love and squeezes to you and your family.
Please plan to come back and live here again! You will not like Chicago in the Winter. It's brutal!

Anonymous said...

Love the censorship!

emily said...

i second that rachel - censorship is priceless! and your "no need for clothes" commentary is perfect!

nbarnes2 said...

yeah! it looks so cool. seriously y'all are like cool city folk now! (and yes I just verified the distinction between us with words like "y'all" and "folk." I hope you know i'm totally taking you up on that invite too. No take backs!

Leland said...

We have put our Chicago pictures up as a screen saver on our new Mac. It randomly picks pictures up from your picture files and rotates them in like you where just plopping them on to your desk top. It is a surprise sometimes to see an unedited picture of Jacob or Nick pop up... it does make for a nice conversation piece for the few minutes it is "exposed" Love Dad

Jana said...

That little fuzzy bum made me laugh so hard!!!

Happy Birthday Natalie!!!

Anonymous said...

That was a guffaw moment. Why race to put your pants on when there's a train whizzing by! We miss those boys lots!!

Love, Mom

holly b said...

reminds me of Jersey a bit...all the trees and buildings and hustle bustle of it all.

the bathroom with a view reminds me of an apt in Provo: the shower had glass tile and a little square window facing south with a lovely view of Mt Nebo and the valley in the morning.

Anonymous said...

I thought that was my eyes. I could not figure out if it was a full diaper (which I know he does not wear) or a photoshopped something. How did you do that?
For 20 months you can handle anything brutal especially if you are thinking warm SOUTH at the end! Love to all.

Unknown said...

I was so glad to see the pictures of your new chicago home. If I could give you a housewarming gift. I wish I could send you carpeting, especially since winter is approaching. The boys look like they are enjoying their citylife adventure. I love the view!!! The "Laundry" senerio seems like real trial. I'm sure I would start saying things to kids like, "Sure you can wear the same shirt everyday this week, we'll save water!" or "If you spill something on your clothes...no TV for a week."
I wish I could have said goodbye before you left. Stefan arrived 8-18-08 at 4:27PM. All was well and Ginger helped with the birth. He is a great sleeper and very easy going. He doesn't mind the noises...aka Christian,who adores him and calls him..."Mommy's baby." Hannah loves to care for him and so we are all happy to have this sweet little guy in our family.
Miss you!
Amy

Andrea said...

I like the fuzzy picture also!