Wednesday, December 10, 2008

To Natalie

As per your comment: I am here. We are here. We are well.

But, in order to walk to the library or the store or the other store or the bus stop or the church pictured below is the minimum effort I have to put out (to say nothing of putting my own coat, hat and scarf on).



Oh, and the boys' gloves (not pictured above) are just about as crazy making as really crazy stuff. They come off just about as fast as I can put them on. Glove on. Glove off. Repeat.

Apparently the creative juices to blog equal the strength to bundle two small children. It seriously feels like "The Christmas Story" every day around here. My struggles are especially disheartening when my friends with a Chicago winter under their belts scoff at this even being that cold. Gulp.

So, I have had lots I've wanted to blog about. But when the ideas enter my head I am either getting ready to go out, I am out, or I've just gotten back. And honey, my mind is pretty lax around those times.

The thought of you, Jackson and Grandma Jan coming is warming the cockles of my heart. We can hit the museums, hit the Magnificent Mile or just sit around, talk and eat fudge and candied pecans. You'll be warm, you'll be happy. And I can't wait!

Thank you for caring. Thank you to you both for coming. It's the best Christmas present ever.

Here's the new view from our window.


















Oh, and for the uninitiated I give you the Bundle me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know me and Natalie were talking about you behind your back. We were so disappointed that you hadn't blogged in TEN days!!! But I have to say nice recovery. The whole snack #1 and snack #2 makes me breath a sigh of relief that I live in Alabama. I love you so much and thank you for the diligent care you give the boys! (Even through the glove affair)

Elise said...

This darn cold weather is always deterring me from outings...it is hardly ever worth it!

nbarnes2 said...

i have to say it was a perfect post robyn. i loved it and laughed and yet had a turn of the stomach for fear of entering the "not even cold yet" winter. i can't wait. you're so strong. and you even posted another view which i love. i guess i pictured cold but not snow which is weird i know. oh and after all the "wow you're cool robyn"'s i gotta say those boys look adorable. i love nico's grin!

Shayleen Lunt said...

That picture is too funny Robyn. I'm sorry that it's such a journey just to get out your front door! Goodness...I think I have no motivation to go anywhere now, I would be considered a hermit in Chicago!

Jana said...

I too would be a complete hermit in Chicago...I think I would even pay to have my grocerys delivered! I am so proud of you for getting your boys outside! Kudos to you!

Anonymous said...

I can't verbalize what I want to say. Just imagine me sitting here shivering, partly due to the anticipated cold and partly due to excitement for the visit. Remembering our separation in August and wondering when would I have all my grandsons together again...the time has come!
See you Wednesday. Love to all!

Andrea said...

I can just picture your boys as the little boys in the Christmas Story. They are so cute. Payton has a coat this year that makes him look like that also.

LuAnn said...

Saying that is "minimum effort" makes that diagram accurate.

Oh, and I love the title of your blog!