
Our apartment is heated with radiators. They are found in every room and give very toasty warmth. Unless they are set to come on too infrequently by the leasing office. Oh, did I mention we have no control of our heat?
Because they are hot to the touch ours all have covers. The radiators themselves aren't masterpieces like the above picture, but they have their own coolness by the sheer fact that they look, um, cool. The covers un-cool them pretty quickly.
Despite their looks, the covers get pretty piping hot themselves and so we have started using them for a variety of purposes. Some of them accidental. I took all of these pictures on the same day and didn't stage one of them. If it were summer (I'm afraid of my clutter starting a fire) there would also be a picture of the one in my room covered in papers. A natural and lovely extension of my desk.
And so I give you, our well used radiators!
A wipe warmer.
A drying rack.
Best of all...a towel warmer. So warm and delightful.
And lastly, they are also the backdrop to touching scenes of occasional sharing. Very occasional.
5 comments:
We use ours for drying clothes all the time. It's great!
Looks like radiator heaven to me. The warm wipes would have to be the BEST for Nico at diaper changing time. :)
at first i found myself wishing i had an uncontrollable radiator in my house. warm towels, warm wipes.... then on second hand, i maybe i prefer control. oh and when i saw the first picture i was like totally impressed thinking how did i miss something so pretty in her apartment!
I totally thought those radiators are so beautiful! Why has Robyn not mentioned them? Ah-Ha!
I am very impressed with all the things you have found that could use an extra warming...watch out for those papers though! Warm towels sound LOVELY!
I am jealous! I would love to have a warm towel! LUCKY! I always hated radiators, and now I am not so sure!
Post a Comment