
And not just fall through the floor, but continue falling through all of the floors beneath you! Eeeyikes! As the bed travels down the building you are introduced to the residents who live below this little golden haired boy. Amazingly, their names all rhyme: Miss Hattie, Mr. Matty, Aunt Batty, Patty and Natty, Mr. Hanratty, and Maestro Ferlingatti. It's uncanny!
I instantly liked this book after our first Christmas morning read. As I flipped through the pages I noticed the title page.
I ask you, does this look familiar?

That's right, it looks just like our building!
Walter (the non-rhyming maverick of his building) lives a floor above us and our windows are more decorative, but aside from that it's a pretty convincing match.
Walter and Jacob's beds are even in the same spot.
Here's the view out his window (with cousin Jackson in the middle).
Here's hoping Jacob's bed stays put.
6 comments:
Robyn! How are you? I found you through Gina/Carly's blog and thought I would say hi. That is exciting that you are in Chicago. I am still in Utah and probably will be forever. Hehehe. Your children are so cute! You look just like I remember you and are so beautiful like I remember too. I hope things are going well and I am glad to see that you are enjoying life and enjoying where you are at.
Chiara Miller Aldridge
love it. perfect match. even the golden haired boy part. so i felt so dumb when i hung up i forgot to ask about your birthday. or mention your birthday. or tell you in some way that i knew it was your birthday. but i didn't. i love y'all tons! jacob actually has a better chance at falling through with all the extra toys that sleep with him. he should tell them all to be very careful.
WOW! That is so cute! I love the way you find parallels in life! As Natalie said, it IS a perfect match!
I think you only need to worry if you start to get neighbors below that have names that rhyme.
I love the books we get from Grandma! They always fit us. One time we got one that was titled, "I Love Myself". Brianna got it. At the time, when we would ask Brianna who she loved, she would say, "I love myself!". Grandma thanks for the books, we all love them.
That book's amazing! That building really does look just like your building - must be fun for the boys to think it is.
Okay, I just popped in to say how cool it is that your building is in the book. With my luck, if my house showed up in a book it would be called something like "Boys drowning in laundry." Oh well.
So then I saw your note from Chiara and now I'm having a Twilight Zone moment because her husband and my husband were roomates and we all dated at the same time and were in the same ward together. Weird.
Post a Comment