Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mom, Chicago, Fun!

My mom came to visit us a few weeks ago. It was so much fun to spend time with her and to enjoy the city together. I loved Atlanta, but it's not quite the destination that Chicago is. I mean, the Coke museum is great, but how many of you even knew there was a Coke museum? (It's awesome by the way...especially the international tasting section at the end!)

Anyway, Chicago's got a bit more glitz to it. Most days of mom's visit we jumped on the train or bus (I make it sound easier and breezier than it is, but it's not bad!), got to town and then got to do something pretty cool.

Here's just one of those cool things we got to do. Really cool. Like amazingly cool.

A river tour!


















The day we did this tour was pretty much the nicest day of her trip. Clear blue skies, warm weather and lots of sun. Perfect to enjoy the views.




























Cool pic mom took, huh?


















Cool kid on my lap, huh?




























Pack your knife and fork and stay tuned for more about Hilda's trip to the big city! We love you mom.

5 comments:

Hilda said...

That was sooooo fun Robyn! Hey - I got to be first on your post. Too bad you weren't having some kind of competition or something. :}

Mardee Rae said...

Oh, what lovely pictures. And what luck, knowing now how many days of not-so-great-weather Chicago still had up it's sleeve. I am jealous. I want to do that river tour so badly. Nice pics. Nice mom. :)

Jana said...

What a cool destinaton location! I hope I get to go there while you are living there...in my dreams.

nbarnes2 said...

you know what i loved most about that post? "hopped on a train or bus" i love that b/c it does sound so big city and exciting. it reminds me of new york. so fun. can't wait til we come in the getting out of the apartment weather.

Stephanie said...

You made me want my mom. :) And a vacation. Your kids haircuts look great, by the way.