Sunday, June 21, 2009

Almost Like You Were There

A casual afternoon throwing rocks into Lake Michigan.

Which throw of Jacob's has the best form? How about the best face?







I have two words for you: wind up.

Here's Nicholas's simple, drama-free throw.



And, in honor of Father's Day, here's the father of my children giving his best impression of the pitching stance of Bronson Arroyo (Arroyo's pitch is right at the beginning).



These pictures were taken by Matt's brother Garrett (Unkie G) on his fancy new camera. The camera has a sport mode with which one may take several pictures per second. Perhaps a regular video would show as much, but the frame by frame has real charm.

Garrett is moving to Australia to get married (to Rhada). We are so happy for him, but sad for us as he'll be pretty far away. We love you Garrett and Rhada! Congratulations!














Garrett's camera and skills also captured this precious picture of Nico. Sigh.

6 comments:

Channy Fish said...

Um, is Matt wearing bright orange Crocs?

Mardee Rae said...

No, those are awesomely RED crocs. Way to rock the red, Matt.
I award best face to clip 1 and best form to clip 2, and highest leg I've ever seen on a male to clip whatever-number-is-Matt's clip.
So fun!
I'm going to interpret the title as speaking directly to me, since you wanted me to feel that we were still there. Naturally.

mcamp said...

do you remember us? tuscaloosa people...anyway so we're totally in the Peachtree Corners Ward

hutch said...

those are the "professional" style crocs. and they are indeed red. i know mardee is partial to red, but i would have wanted navy or black. however, because they were on sale on crocs.com, it was this, orange, or a pale blue. being that red is close enough to crimson, i decided i could live with them.

Stephanie said...

We had a rock-throwing vacation of our own this weekend. I'm always amazed at how long and how well children can be entertained by throwing rocks in water. Maybe I should save up a bucket for the winter and let the kids loose by the bathtub.

Grandma Jan said...

Some great winding up motions!! That tongue is definitely a Hutchison thing! Matt where did you get those red shoes? Or were those socks? Love to all...and yes Congrats to G and Rhada. It is cheap to call Australia! I need to learn to do it.