Should I get him in a tap class?
Dice are fun for this analytical 4 year old.
Here are the specs of our exciting dice game:
Roll, look for matches (triples, etc.), pull out matches, repeat until all dice are pulled out as matches, then roll all dice again. Repeat the process until I put my foot down and make him stop. Because he'll never stop. Never!
I've been saying this a lot lately, but the mantle of "the more challenging child" has just about 80% passed from Jacob to Nicholas. I'm not trying to label them (although I just did) but I'm happy that Jacob's chilling and that Nico's, um, throwing a lot more tantrums. It's really Nicholas's turn to be more demanding and difficult. It's so fun to see Jacob reason through things and take things in stride more. It's also nice to be more capable of dealing with Nicholas's crying since this is my second time 'round the toddler bend. Especially when he cries because I can't put his granola bar (or banana, popcicle, etc.) back together again after he breaks it. When will he learn it's impossible? Oh. Man.
3 comments:
I know Jacob gets that dancing art from his Dad!! Cuto!
I know what you mean about the toddler tantrums! We get lots of tears over Violet's broken crackers... "Fix it, Mommy!"
Broken crayons cause even more of a disaster! (Even though they still color perfectly fine. If only a toddler could realize that!)
cute boys! I am going to delve into my collection of dice...that game looks like fun!
Post a Comment