Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Meeting Benjamin

Last night the boys came with Grandma to meet their new little brother.













Jacob was all curiosity and excitement. Nicholas was decidedly prim and serious. I guess the usurper has become the usurp-ee. You can't see it in this picture, but Nico kept his hands in his pockets almost the entire visit.













He pulled his hands out long enough to hold Benjamin and bestow some kisses and hugs (pictured) on him.













Doesn't Jacob look old here? Oh wait, he is! He loved holding Ben.

















Here's mom holding little Benjamin as payment for taking care of our two bruisers. What a good sport. Thank you for everything mom.













And here is the quintessential "new family at mom's bed" picture. Note again, Jacob looking happier than happy and Nico looking super confused.













Despite his hesitancy, when Matt told the boys that Mommy would come back home on Thursday Nicholas chimed in, "and Benjamin?". Jacob got upset that I wouldn't be coming home last night and so we said a few more times that I would be home on Thursday and each time Nicholas said, "and Benjamin?". Just had to make sure. I'm not sure if he's happy or sad Benjamin will be coming home with mommy, but I'm sure happy he's coming home with me.

12 comments:

E B said...

He looks like a Hutch! Congrats again. Let me know when your mom goes and you're looking for food.

Mardee Rae said...

I can't wait to meet yet another future son-in-law :)

Grandma Jan said...

Again just so precious, the whole family. I can hardly wait to see them all in 2 weeks. Grandma Hilda, hold down the fort until I can get there! Love to all!

Lisa said...

Oh my heck! Congratulations! Those boys are going to all be such good friends.

nbarnes2 said...

yay!! boys are so sweet

lisa moore said...

Good job Robyn! I love the faces on both of the boys. Such a whirlwind of emotions. :) Don't worry, they will both be the greatest big brothers. Can't wait to see you all this summer.

Andrea said...

Cute Cute Cute CUTE Family! I am so excited that you guys grew by a little less than two feet!

Shayleen Lunt said...

He's so cute Robyn. All three of them. Jacob look so much like Matt. Don't you just LOVE little babies!!!!!

Katie said...

So cute Robyn! I will be calling you soon. Let me know if you need anything. What a cute family.

Jana said...

Arrg! Jacob looks SO SO big! I remember feeling that way with Maddie, but Ja-Jo has just matured! I am sure loving Nico will be a wonderful big brother, it's normal to have doubts about a new sibling...take it from me! Frozen pot roast anyone?

The Grays: said...

Ahh, congratulations! Benjamin is adorable. I LOVE that you have another boy!

eryn said...

Yay! He's here. This is making me so baby hungry! He's adorable, and I'm hoping the transition is going ok. See you soon.