We moved from Chicago to Little Rock in June of 2011. We moved from an awful rental house in Little Rock to a wonderful rental house in Little Rock in October of 2011. Then we moved from Little Rock to Denver in July of 2012. Four addresses in 14 months. Also, that's three states (as well as three regions of the US) in that time. Stating it by the numbers belies the real emotion attached to each move and stage we encountered. But I still don't totally know how to process it all! We didn't think we'd stay in Little Rock for more than a few years, but one year was much shorter than we expected. As such this move was rather jarring. We were really just getting over the move from Chicago! So many good people, blessings and opportunities came into our lives over this time, but also some real trials. And some off the wall stuff like Matt having his car stolen at finger in coat point in our drive way in Little Rock. Just stuff like that...
Anyway, we are here now. We're grateful. Matt's very happy with his job. The kids are happy with the house and move and the indoor turf at our local rec center. Especially with the indoor turf. I am happy with the lack of humidity. Lots of good! That being said we miss our friends terribly. We found a very lovely group of people in Arkansas (and prior to that in Chicago) through school and church that welcomed and supported us through thick and thin. They are the main reason for the tears. But we have found friends here in Denver already and we know that as we (hopefully) put down roots more will come.
While our memories (and immunization records) are scattered all over the country, we are still us. And that feels like quite an achievement and blessing no matter what the back drop is.
I really wasn't kidding about that turf. Awe-some.
11 comments:
Oh my goodness! Are you serious?! I'm sorry to hear that it's been a trying 14 months, but I must admit, I'm a bit jealous that you are that far west! I miss you Robyn and think of you quite often. Your new home looks beautiful and I'm sure you are going to have a fabulous fall and winter in Colorado. Love ya!
Nice to have an update. Best wishes in Denver!
(sis. Sillito)
Glad to see you back in the blogosphere! I guess I can't plan on visiting you in Arkansas anymore. But whenever we drive to Utah it's about at Denver where I think "we're not so far away now!" Everyone I know who has lived in Denver has really liked it, so I'm sure you'll be very happy there!
You're handling all the moves much better than you think. Great job you all!
We moved to California this past May. Such a culture shock! But we are happy to only be 12 hours away from grandma and grandpa's house (only!). It all relative, isn't it? Hopefully, we can catch up sometime soon!
We moved to California this past May. Such a culture shock! But we are happy to only be 12 hours away from grandma and grandpa's house (only!). It all relative, isn't it? Hopefully, we can catch up sometime soon!
I'm in love with Bennies haircut! Our three little babies (Sam, Ben and Hannah) are growing up so quickly! I also loved the snow picture. Mom forwarded it to me and few days ago. Love and miss y'all tons! (From what seems like a million miles away!)
Wow! And here I've been all this time thinking of you in Little Rock. : ) We almost had a big move ourselves to Minnesota, but we didn't. And I'm okay with being able to decorate and enjoy the fall and get ready for Christmas rather then pack and move.
That's exciting you're closer to your Utah family now. Good luck settling in!
Oh my goodness Robyn! I can totally relate!! We were only in Buffalo for 8 months and then moved twice here in Boston. It is a ROYAL pain and EXTREMELY difficult to keep track of not only our things, but our identities as well. I don't think that people can really fully understand unless you've been there. My heart goes out to you! I am glad that you guys have found a great place to be in Denver. We would LOVE to live in Denver! Close to Utah, but not too close. :) Hang in there! At some point we can hope for a place to settle and call home.
its so good to hear from you. i know there are real trials for y'all. my heart stirs to read you tell it but still hear how grateful you are. well written if you wanted to make me cry.
So precious and so happy I have a date to check out your new abode. I can't jump a 2 hour flight or make a quick 6 hour Interstate drive, but I still can come and come I will! All stories and pictures of Denver are awesome and I am eager to see the astro turf!
Post a Comment