Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Oh the Times they are a Changing



I can barely barely remember when I used to look something like this. We excitedly took this picture the day we found out we were expecting. We chose this outfit because we were certain I could never grow too big for it. (Note how well I fit it below...) I remember disliking this picture, which is funny since now I would gladly wallpaper a room with it. I guess hindsight really is twenty twenty, because now I look like this!



Gasp! What on earth happened?!? Truly, truly amazing. While this version of myself is, ahem, altered, we like to see it as my body perfected. I mean really, look at what it's accomplishing! Much more amazing than any sort of ideal body image in a magazine. I have a little squirmy invading force inside of me. We love it so much and lovingly blame it entirely for the changes in these pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a picture! I'm glad you have a little something inside. Unfortunatly at times I look in the mirror and feel the same way. The only difference is I am not going to be getting a little prize. Love ya lots. Dad

Anonymous said...

Wow - amazing that you can even fit those clothes. The rest of the world isn't able to do that you know. Can you believe that by this weekend there will be a new little Hutchison on the planet? Oh it's just so exciting!!
Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! The difference is so amazing! It was a great idea to carefully choose an outfit with "room to grow."

So true about the positive spin, too. A completely secular way to look at it would be to point out that the hips, thighs, and arms still fit perfectly--so go you!!
Looks like the times will a-change right back in no time.

Perhaps the baby is waiting for Aunt Hilda to get there so she can be in the delivery room too? :)

You will do great--I know it. I love you.

Love, Mere