Thursday, June 23, 2005

Picture of the young 'n


After much delay, for which we apologize, we are posting a picture of Jacob. People say he looks like me, but I don't think I've ever been that handsome. He does have my hair though. Mom told me I had hair almost to my shoulders by the time I was nine months old. Maybe he doesn't have afro hair just yet, but it does look like Squiggy (from Laverne and Shirley) hair. Disclaimer: I am not saying he looks like Squiggy (Robyn would not like me saying that); only that his hair resembles Squiggy's hair.

More pics to come. (You believed us once that we'd post a picture. Although it took awhile, we eventually did. We're asking you to trust us once more.)
Posted by Hello

6 comments:

Carly said...

He is SOOOOO cute! And he DOES look like Matt. (And the squiggy resemblance is not derogatory, but hilarious and only slightly true.) How's Robyn???

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! But he is cuter in person. Is there any way you can get a .wav of his squeal?
I want to call but I am afraid I will awaken someone. Get your sleep when you can. Glad the udder granmudder (other grandmother)is there to help.
Love to all. Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's a doll! Hope to see him in person soon!
Love,
Aunt Bev

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree that Mr. Jacob LeGrand is more handsome than any man that I've ever seen (though I always reserve the right to claim a young Davy Jones exception). He is perfection.

Uh oh, Matt. You may have started a nickname . . . although I think I'm going to have a hard time not calling him "Matt Jr." He does look like his daddy!

I hope the four of you are doing well. I wish I could be there with you! I love you.

Anonymous said...

Robyn and Matt:

Great accomplishment, especially on the first child! The pictures are so great to get. Of course, we had to pass around the pics (copies thanks to Leland) at the Gamett reunion. All agreed he was a fantastic baby. Can't wait to talk to you again. Hope the little guy is getting lots to eat so he will sleep. Amazing how one little one can get all the adults' attention. I read a quote in New Mexico which said something like, "A baby is the smallest dictator." Remember Maddie when all five of you were running around to care for her during the first few weeks? Things will get more predictable, thankfully. Curly hair, did you say? Can't wait to see him live. Like Meredith said, he looks like his daddy to us. Have a good new week! Much love.

Anonymous said...

I see the blogging from GA is a little slow. Does this mark a change in the lives of Matt and Robyn? Is this code for "we are too busy with important things"? If so, know we are anxiously awaiting a little picture of the tike with the fluffy hair. Talk to you soon.