Thursday, November 10, 2005

Where's my blue ox?

We have stumbled upon an uncanny resemblance between a certain american folk hero and this fine young man here.






Jacob too has acquired some amazing skills & characteristics much like the famous Paul Bunyan.

Most amazingly, their births were quite similar. But also:

He finally will relax in his car seat



He can sit assisted by a boppy



He can have (& win) staring contests with daddy



He can put mommy in a very effective head lock



He can show Winnie the Pooh who's boss



He can drool A LOT



And most importantly, he can be unbelievably cute. Something stinky ol' Paul Bunyan could never pull of.




9 comments:

Carly said...

I can't believe how big and grown up he is!

Andrea said...

Robyn You are making me way too baby hungry. I need to stop looking at your website :} Anyway He is so cute. I love your pictures. You can really see how much you really love him. That is a nice thing to be included in. Thank you. We love you! Oh and Thanks for your help and comments!

Anonymous said...

It has been a long, hard day, and this post is just what I needed--Jacob pictures always put a big, happy smile (and laugh) on my face. (I wish that my smile were as adorable as that last big one of Jacob's!) Andrea is right--it is so clear in your pictures and blogs that you are having so much fun with your favorite boys. It is so much fun to see you so happy.

Shayleen Lunt said...

I can hardly believe he is so close to sitting up! I know we hear it over and over again, but they truly grow up too quickly. It seems as though you are soaking in every age/stage though! Isn't it just wonderful? :)
Jacob is so photogenic. I've kind of missed not getting to see him this week. Darn sicknesses!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!! He is a big grown up boy!!! I think my favorite is his staring contest with Daddy! I can't wait to see him in person again!

Anonymous said...

I just can't get enough of this "boy." Truly he looks so all boy lately - it's just fun to see him growing up. Whoever thought this blog thing up - it's a good thing. Thank you Mr. Blog.
I too love the one of him sitting up in the boppie, because before too long he'll be sitting up all by himself. I also love seeing an occasional picture of the Daddy and the Mommy, altho you don't seem to change as much as he does.
Like Jana I can hardly wait to see you kids and Jacob at Christmas. It will be so much fun!
Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

Took a little peek today to cheer myself up. We mailed a copy of these to Jacob's technically impaired Gramma Great, so she could share the smiles and the HAIR. Love that boy! Have a great weekend.

Robyn said...

Thank you all for your praise of our little (big) man. It's so fun to share him with all of you. You're right mom, thank you Mr. Blog. Thank you guys for loving him from afar and supporting us always. We love you!

ps-thank you Aunt LuAnn for sending these to Grandma! I need to send her some more pics!

Anonymous said...

I know that I'm off topic (I'm sort-of sorry), but I just have to tell you, Matt and Robyn, that I looooove the videos. I have played them both no less than ten times (it's not as pathetic as it sounds--I am writing a cruel paper), and I laugh at each one as though it were brand spankin' new. That boy, in the words of the late, great Robert Palmer, is "simply irresistible."