
That's right...Rachel has been called to serve in a very special place that is near and dear to our hearts. She will make the most amazing missionary and we are so proud of her. Matt served in SLC and so he is especially excited to have Rachel serving at Temple Square in Salt Lake City. Rachel, you will be such an effective, loving missionary. We are so excited for you. We love you Rachel! Here's what Jacob has to say about it...the taskmaster dictated it to me earlier.

While I am assuredly puzzled as to why you're leaving,

understanding is beginning to glimmer.


You are such a wonderful, lovely Aunt...and Aunt Natalie & Grandma aren't too shabby either (but this post really isn't about them).

You came and saved mommy and daddy from my six week old self and held me in this fashion that always made me stop crying (I know it looks bad, but it seriously was so comfortable).

You came again and helped us move into our new house, and even rocked me to sleep in a way that really capitalized on my angelic-ness.

You've even loved me through my crazy hair days (everyday).
I'll miss you Aunt Rachel...but I know you'll be helping other people just as you've helped us so much. Plus, I'll be seein' you in Utah! I suddenly have an urge to drool at the feet of some seagulls.
P.S. from Robyn...

Don't tell Matt we used his tie for this post. It is OBVIOUSLY his favorite.

At a family party with Grandma and Grandaddy Dollar before his mission.

Doing the "bootie bounce" during his mission (don't ask).

With Lance right after his mission.

With me four years after his mission.

With me at our wedding luncheon, still four years after his mission.
So, hope you like drool on your favorite tie daddy! It's mine now! Hah!
5 comments:
I just love it so much. I just read it and teared up. You know before I got my call I was a little bummed thinking that Jacob was not going to remember his aunt Rachel. I could just imagine what the airport scene would look like. Here comes a tear stricken woman walking down a long terminal and with each step quickening her step until it is practically a run only to scoop up the young child named Jacob and sob onto his shoulder. Then his first words to his aunt Rachel would be "LET ME GO!!!! MOOOOMMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!! LET ME GOOOOOO!!!!" So I was a little bummed about the image that I had in my mind but now...... it's going to be great. He might actually remember me. Thanks for remembering me guys! I love y'all and all the support!
I also love to see that Jacob is rockin the fat knot. He will be a trend setter.
Jacob put his fingers in his mouth I love her (robyn) bye bye
that was a bit of Maddie's comments. LOVE YOU
Congrats to Aunt Rachel
Hey anonymous...or should I say...Rachel? I love your description of your imagined reunion with Jacob. Thankfully he'll for sure remember Auntie Rachel. Like I said, he's got seagulls to drool on.
And Jacob gets his style from his daddy. Very hip, that man is.
We love you!
Next time I see Matt in that tie, I'm going to be sure and check out the drool stains!
Hey I want to wear that tie too!
Love,
Payton
Post a Comment