Sunday, July 02, 2006

1 Safari Pool: $7.99

10-ish gallons of water from the hose: 20 cents
1 floppy blue sun hat: $10.00



2 kids in a pool: priceless



Yes, it's come to this, I couldn't resist but write my own MasterCard commercial. My friend Emily and her son Neal came over the other day (she and I were in the same ward growing up in Utah and both miraculously married auditors that brought us to the ATL) and we played in the pool (or poo' as I call it).







Oh yes, and some clover-ey weeds smeared all over Jacob's face: free







I can't believe I caught the two of them looking straight at the camera. Now that is priceless and rare indeed.



Happy Summer!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! The expressions on Jacob's face just kill me. I especially loved the casual manner in which Jacob is sitting in the first shot. How fun for you and Emily and your boys to get to-gether. Neal's a little cutie also. What fun for a small price!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Each blog I don't think you can top your former blogs. This, of course, is akin to the theory which says that your baby will never be cuter that he is right this instant. But know this, he will ALWAYS be cute.

However, this blog is hilarious. I love the large-hat-buddha-belly pose of Jacob's. He and Neal are adorable. What do they call this in the books? This looks like a powerful example of parallel play.

Anyway the little boys are making it look way fun to hit the wading pool with a large hat. I'd need a large wading pool, too. Isn't summer and a good camera a lot of fun for all of us???

Shayleen Lunt said...

Those really are great pictures of Jacob! It sounds like he enjoys the water much more than Olivia! And you are quite the woman for blowing that thing up by mouth! Very impressive!

Anonymous said...

Priceless Indeed! There's no way around this one, just plain adorable and cute! I love it too. It totally just brightened my day. They are both such cute little hunks. I love these pool photos, they are the best. I really love the close of up expression of Jacob leaning on the side of the pool, that grin and nose is so darn cute! How fun! Keep having a blast!
Love, Chelea
i agree we ALL need a little pool :]

Mere said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mere said...

The cute little face on pictures 2 and 3 look like the boy version of a little-girl face that I knew very well when I was growing up. It bugged you that I mothered you, but look at that adorable face and tell me who would not want to mother it! It is just so sweet.

These pool pictures are hilarious. It looks like the boys had a great time in the water and sunshine. I love Jacob's wide-brimmed hat. It is not only stylish, but also utilitarian. It looks like Neal was slightly jealous of it. Either that, or he wanted Jacob's attention.

I love Jacob's smiley little face and chubby little tummy. He is a perfect baby for someone who loves to give kisses. I'm so glad you posted these adorable pics.

Mere said...

Sorry--I deleted the comment above because I had a little grammar issue. Now that I am a famous writer, I can't allow such mistakes to be published. You know how it is. :) Love ya! Happy 4th of Ju-ly!

Jana said...

Priceless...too true! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! That is great! Hope you had a good fourth of july!

Love, Jana

Anonymous said...

Great Grandma Hutchison really enjoyed the pictures and the comments. She said Royn was a real poet. Her favorite picture was all of them. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Great Grandma Hutchison really enjoyed the pictures and the comments. She said Royn was a real poet. Her favorite picture was all of them. Love you all.

Andrea said...

I love kids swimming. Nothing beats it!