Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bizarro World

This weekend we have been living in a bizarre world indeed.

Firstly, we took Jacob out to eat with us Friday night and kept him up until 10:00 pm...about 3 hours past his usually unflinchingly rigid bedtime.

Due to perhaps his late bedtime (sleep begets sleep, right?) he was up from 1:00 am to 3:00 am and gave us a chance to finish the Braves game we started watching at 10:00 pm.

Jacob woke up at 7:00 am and then AMAZINGLY fell asleep after we put toys in his crib in a fruitful effort to buy us some more sleep time.

Nice socks, huh?



Mommy actually got to bang out 4 hours of quality thesis work in our room of all trades.



Daddy took care of Jacob and apparently taught him how to cook.



Jacob took a nap without socks or pants on. I guess I don't need to dutifully cover those tootsies for naps as much as I thought I did.



And lastly, in a spurt of mid-summer's energy we got organizing. So, our closets are all clean...



...and our house is a mess.



I guess some things aren't too bizarro though. Jacob is still his sweet, good, mild mannered little self.



Sort of.

4 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Way to go on your thesis! You know we'll throw you quite the celebration when it's over and done. Keep on keepin' on.

And I love, love, love that cute onsie! It really does make Jacob look like quite the little man.

Shayleen Lunt said...

I can't believe how old Jacob is looking! I'm sorry you were up so late on Friday night. I'm sure that didn't make Saturday's tasks (thesis work) much easier. Also - I just recently discovered that Olivia's toes don't need to have socks either! Jacob and her must be on the same track:)

Anonymous said...

I love that onsie too! I got one for my little nephew but still think its too big for him! I think they are adorable!

What a crazy weekend for sure, yikies! I think we all have those sometimes. It really makes life interesting. I'm glad you survivied. I am so impressed you are continuing to work on that thesis-how's it coming, are you getting close? You are a courageous and determined woman for sure! Way to go and keep hanging in there! Fun photos!

chelsea~*

Anonymous said...

Let those dogs breathe! Love the onesie and love y'all.