Monday, July 24, 2006

Jacob darling clapped as he walked, and walked, and walked and walked

In honor of the pioneers (who truly and bravely did walk and walk) Jacob decided that July 24th, Pioneer Day, was the right day to show off his walking skills. He's been "walking" for a week now, but he still prefers crawling when he wants to get somewhere in a hurry. And yes, we know our lives will change now that he's walking. Hee.


Also, Jacob decided to up his walking proficiency on the day that Grandma Jan came to visit! She's been a big help and we're loving her visit. Expect full blogumentation soon!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A momentous occasion indeed!! A very cute video of a darling little boy. How clever! Grandma Jan looks pretty darn snazzy too.
Love to all!!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! What a BIG day. He looks so cute. I can't walk and clap at the same time. Big boy. Thanks for the vid.

You'll have to watch him like a hawk. Sorry. But what a great development!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Oh my goodness! It's so fun to see him doing that on video! Now you will have to add 'Jacob shoes' to your budget! Way to go Jacob - Olivia will be so excited to see this video. Miss you bunches and bunches!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Jacob is now an upright boy in every sense! I'm glad he's not afraid to acknowledge his own achievements, either. Love the walking and the clapping. I especially love those adorable bare legs.
I think Jacob is being spoiled--he is always surrounded by beautiful women! He might think that every girl should be as pretty as his mom and grandmas.

Anonymous said...

Your life will never be the same. Love Dad

Andrea said...

What a wonderful day to start walking. I can't believe him. What a cute boy!

Jana said...

Oh! He is so cute!!! Maddie came over to the computer when I played the video. She said "Look! He can walk!" in a completly amazed tone. I think the whole process of growing up is even more exciting for her to see! Jacob is such a beautiful boy! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

More walking videos, please. I love this little boy and his excitement with each new discovery. Doesn't he love to laugh?

Anonymous said...

Umm, congrats!!! :] Yeah, one big new adventure to keep you all running!!! That's awesome though and yes, a perfect day to show off the new talent! Hope you are still having fun :] I'm sure you are w/ that cute boy! He's growing up soo fast, can't believe it, wow!
We've been gone to MT camping but the last couple of posts were very cute. Next time you need to try huckleberries-i'll send you some :] Don't you just love those dark, juicy, staining berries! Yum!

Love, Chelsea