Friday, January 26, 2007

Pink or Blue?

We don't know! We decided to be surprised with the gender of our second baby. We did it with Jacob and absolutely loved it. It's a turbo surprise. But we did have a sonogram this morning to detemine other various sundries about the baby. Here's what we found out.

1. Our baby has two arms, two legs and apparently the right numbers of fingers and toesies.

2. It has two hemispheres in its brain and a developing cerebellum.

3. This little baby's heart is ADORABLE. It is a squashy little four chambered miracle.

4. Matt and I both fancy ourselves budding sonogram "artists" (or whatever you call those peeps). As such, we consider ourselves capable of viewing the sonogram and determining the gender...I think it's a boy and Matt thinks it's a girl (he's wrong).

5. Jacob does not enjoy seeing his "attention getting enemy number 1" and was fussy the whole time. However, when we got home his fever from the night before had returned, so perhaps that was the problem. Jealousy is still being considered as the culprit though.

6. Finally, we found out that our baby has super-spindly chicken legs. Check out the one appendage visible in this picture, is that a thin thigh or what? He must take after his momma. (Hahahahah.)














Feel free to tell us what you think we're having and to air your grievances about us not finding out.

6 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

We are just appalled that you aren't going to find out. How can we be friends with people that lie to us about being pregnant and then make us wait months to find out if it is a boy or girl!! Some people...

Shayleen Lunt said...

Well, I'll just have to try and get excited about this surprise too:) As long as you don't mind not getting a baby gift until after the little one is born?
I don't see anyway of knowing if it's a boy or girl in that picture. But the chicken legs could mean a girl...because certainly Jacob doesn't have chicken legs!

Anonymous said...

I myself am a master sonogram reader. It is a boy.

Anonymous said...

What's up with that? You can't even tell what it is. Just so you know, he/she is at the wrong angle. Show us the goods. Did you get a picture to see if you can decipher (sp?) the gender. All that being said, IT looks like a healthy little bundle of soon-to-be energetic joy!?!

Uncle Jon

Jana said...

WOW!!! My feminine intuition is telling me that SHE is going to be a healthy little GIRL. I thought about calling your Dr's office saying I am you...since even our own mother has confused us on the phone before...but decided I would let you do it your own way. We love you all and are excited about this new little bundle of joy!!!

Andrea said...

I say..........
A Boy! For sure!