Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hulk no good with words

Jacob has been talk, talk, talking a lot lately. Since J.J. only has one volume (LOUD) I have been shush, shush, shushing him a lot lately (particularly when I am attempting to put Nicholas down for a nap). Some of his favorite phrases are: "Get it", "Read it", "Find it", "Fix it", "Do it", "Open it", "Fall down", "Get down", "Sit down", and "Lay down". He'll keep on repeating these things louder and louder until I say, "Did it fall down?" so that he can invariably respond, "Uh huh". Quite a demanding and descriptive little chap, no? But he says them all so cutely (o-pone eet) I can't help but enjoy it.

He's also started to string more than 2 words together. Here are three of his most recent sentences:

The other day he yelled "Us go a-waaay" as we were driving away from the house and has continued to do this EVERY TIME we drive away from the house.

This morning as he lounged in his crib he said "Me cuckle Memo" (his stuffed Nemo).

This last one is mired in controversy. I, the mother, think he said, "I want stay here" while Matt, the father, thinks he said, "me stay in here". But it was said this morning right after the Memo comment. I leave it to "our readers" to decide.



I have this to say. He is very smart, very cute and very bad with pronouns.

(Thanks to Grandma Jan for this adorable photo.)

3 comments:

lucy said...

Well, Matt might as well be standing there with blonde hair! Look at that Matt expression. That Jacob and all his words tickle me. See my new blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think I will side with the mom on that one...not that I am her sister or anything, I'm just siding with the mom...How darling that little boy is! I love to hear about all of his words! (it gives me hope for all the grunts I hear now) We love out cousin Jacob!

Anonymous said...

"A picture paints a thousand words." Sweet boy! He sure is deep in thought, and I just can't wait to hug him again!

Love you,

Mom :)D