Earlier this week we enjoyed the little park next to our house on a gorgeous day. Living in the south has softened me up/made me love the warmth and so we have tried to make the most of the out of doors while it's still bearable. I've heard enough stories about someone's eyelashes freezing in February to last me a lifetime!
I was standing next to the slide (in an attempt to spot Nicholas) and apparently completely zoned out because Nicholas suddenly shot down the slide squirming and wiggling the whole way. Jacob and I pretty much haven't stopped laughing.
Seeing Nicholas go down the slide is the carrot I dangle in front of Jacob's nose to get him out of the door to the park. It's our favorite thing.
Nicholas is a solidly built little man, and seeing that little ball of baby make its way down the slide is just delightful.
I took a video.
It captures such a tiny fraction of the joy.
I am so sorry.
But here it is so that you can imagine how hysterically funny and delightful it is.
Some things to watch for in the video:
1. Check out how big and tall Jacob looks compared to Nicholas. Now that Nico is becoming a toddler I am realizing that to me Jacob has stayed an 18 month old in my eyes. This video pretty much shoots that perception out of the water.
2. When I tell Nicholas to turn himself around he says "Noooo" and for Nico, no means yes. Literally. It means yes.
3. Anyone see the blatant elbow Jacob throws after bodily removing Nicholas from the slide? Nicholas is taking his licks and learning tricks for later. Jacob, let me warn you, he is watching and probably learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, I thought it was pretty cute and hilarious right here on my computer. I can't believe how big Nico AND Jacob are getting. What a beautiful park with such handsome boys.
Can't wait to see them LIVE in Provo.
So cute. You are so good to know that Nicolas will be good on his own. I was wanting to run over there and spot him myself ;)
That brave Nico...coming down all by himself! Also it's great to have the Jacob cheering squad. And yes I did notice the elbow at the end. :) Ah....the perks of being the eldest.
So cute! It was also good to hear your voice!
Post a Comment