Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I can't believe I'm doing this. A GIVE-AY-WAY?

My sister, then my cousin, then my other cousin, then my sister-in-law all posted this within a few days. I felt conflicted about it because I feel like my creative juices are pretty much congealed right now, but I like gifts! Dern the fine print of tag-dom! What's a girl to do.

I grappled with it all day and finally submitted to the allure of gifts made by some very talented people.

I have brainstormed and feel confident that my offerings will be rock star items. Nothing flashy like a rock star, but cool and useful. Because I feel that rockers are hard core AND useful.

So, despite my concerns, I give you...THE TAG.

Here are the tagging instructions: The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me! My choice. For you. This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:

1- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make.

2- What I create will be just for you.

3- It'll be done this year. (might be a little while)

4- You have no clue what it's going to be. It may be a story. It may be poetry or an article on properly cleaning your face before a masque. I may draw or paint something. I may bake you something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, that's for sure!

5- I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.

The catch?

Oh, the catch is that you must re-post this on your blog and offer the same to the first 5 people who do the same on your blog. The first 5 people to do so and leave a comment telling me they did win a FAB-U-LOUS homemade gift by me! Oh, and be sure to post a picture of what you win when you get it!

Let me say that I won't be making anything strange, but that it very well might take me a year to get it to you.

I recognize that this evil catch might shoo some of the faint hearted away, but really, no biggie. It's just one less awesome thing I will create. The universe's loss.

And yours.

6 comments:

Mere said...

Me, me! I already did this--do I count? (Please say yes)

Jana said...

okay, I have had a change of heart...at first I thought I could only comment on one of these...heaven forbid I have to make more than five little _______'s but I decided that I can comment and still count the post I did. So Mere, you count too!

Anonymous said...

Whoa...I'm glad I don't have a blog! You are creative and I am sure you will have 5 lucky friends. Love.

Andrea said...

I want to be number 4 please! This will be really fun for all of us!

Anonymous said...

Do you need a CUPCAKE recipe, Robyn? You could send those. Or do the treats have to be made of fabric or wood or something long lasting. Cupcakes would be really good.

nbarnes2 said...

yeah! so i was going to give it a few days before i commented. giving everybody ample opportunity. now i'm in.