And I have a new reason for not blogging this week.
I'm a fairly hearty person (at least hearty enough to keep slogging along with the mom stuff while sick) but I was driven to my bed on Wednesday afternoon in a very dramatic and Victorian fashion. After 48 hours of chills, fever, cough, sleep, and staring off into the distance for long periods of time I emerged Friday. Still sick, but functional.
The boys got a milder version and so the three of us have been a sorry sight. Matt was able to care for the boys when I was at my worst. My worst being when I tried to open a bottle of juice and the exertion made the room grow dim and my head spin in danger of blacking out. For real.
I also haven't left my apartment since Wednesday at noon. Let's see if our coughing and fevers can make it a full week! Give me a few cats and I'm ready to stay in forever.
So, a recap:
1. Come visit us in Chicago and we'll take you to see the city from the Hancock observatory. Matt took me on a date there one evening and it was gorgeous. The day (as you can see) is pretty amazing too. Actually, we'll take you anywhere...just come visit!
2. Beware the flu. If it's been a while since you've truly had the flu then watch out. And while I definitely advocate the flu shot...it didn't work for me.
5 comments:
I heard the flu shot only works 25% of the time...do you know if that is true?
I really do want to come...when our visitors leave, I'll start to think again too.
I'm so sorry that you have been so sick. I've been thinking of you this week...that must be why. Don't get a cat though, okay?
I was so sorry to hear that you were sick. I am glad Matt managed to miss the bug. Why do you want cats? Chicago is a wonderful place to visit! The people are wonderful!!
Love to all.
Oh Robyn! I am so sorry that you had to have the flu! I think being sick and being a mom is the worst. Anyway I wonder if you guys have been sick more this year, because you live in a really cold place. I am so glad Matt could be there for you.
Mom's arent' allowed to get sick. Families just don't work right. I hope you're feeling better.
Post a Comment