Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh, Jacob

The other day I was squeezing a lemon into my water. Jacob started asking me all sorts of questions about it. He wanted some lemon for himself. He said he wanted it on the cup. I wasn't sure what to make of that, so I squeezed the lemon into an empty cup. I handed it to him and he dropped the cup as if it were made of fire. He said there were things (pulp) in it and he didn't want that.

So I went back to the drawing board. He told me multiple times, very emphatically that he wanted the lemon ON the cup. I had no idea. Then he picked up the lemon and the cup did his best to put the lemon on the cup.

With that, I got it.


















I really don't know where he learned this since after I squeeze a lemon into my drink I just throw the lemon away.














He's so observant. And, he winks!

5 comments:

Jana said...

I love it!

Have you taken him out to dinner latley? I bet I know the answer to that question...so I have no clue where he figured that one out!

Cute!

nbarnes2 said...

ha! funny kid. whats funny is as i read it i was confused why you were confused. i liked how immediately after you gave him your best attempt he dropped it. jackson screamed and screamed for cheese toast last week. so finally i said fine even though i knew he hadn't eaten the one i made for him the day before. after i gave it to him he said...bagel. ergh

Mere said...

That is so cute--he is a man of refined tastes. Darling story.

Andrea said...

That is amazing that he knows how to wink! That really is very hard for most kids.

Love the lemon thing. Kids are so cute!

LuAnn said...

How funny. Jacob is going to do great things. He is cute. Nice cuts!