Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just what I needed

I had to have a dental crown today. (Beware your old silver fillings!) By the time my two hours in the dentist's chair were over I felt like I'd been punched in the face. About 5 times.

As I sat watching the boys eat dinner tonight I just felt yucky. I slouched in my chair and said, "Sorry guys, mommy's just not feeling great right now".

Nicholas looked at me up from dinner and simply said, "Boiler ache?" (pronounced "boyla ache").














I really didn't think Nico would understand not feeling well, but he understood it and linked it to his favorite Thomas book in the which Henry has a boiler ache. What sympathy and brains!

That, along with a very amusing duck-duck-goose round, was just what I needed.

Too bad no one did something cute at bedtime. Mother was grum-py. You can't win 'em all.

7 comments:

Jana said...

I love Thomas! Gideon get's frequent boiler aches himself! That show is great on so many levels...yes my kids watch too much TV. I'll admit it.

nbarnes2 said...

that is so precious! what a smart boy.

Shayleen Lunt said...

How cute. Sounds like we should have chatted yesterday...nothing was "cute" the first part of the day :)

Mardee Rae said...

ha ha ha. I should have guessed. I read it and thought, "What the heck is he talking about?" Thomas. Of course. So cute!
Hope you are feeling better soon. I know that there's just no pain that ruminates to the rest of your life like mouth pain.

Hilda said...

A boila ache - those are not fun, and Nico knew just what you were talking about. What a funny boy, and clever too.

Andrea said...

So sorry about the tooth. That sounds horrible. I had an old silver filling also that went bad. I have no more- thank goodness!

bo said...

i love your blog! and i love this photo of nicholas. :) hope you all are doing well.