Well, not exactly...but we did make one out of red, yellow and orange felt! Matt and I were lion tamers/zoo keepers/safari people. I would have loved for Matt to be decked out in a red coat with tails and black britches as a circus lion tamer, but where can you find the gear? So we opted for more of a safari (or in my case, everyday) look with lion tamer props. We had the ring of fire, a stool to protect us from the ferocious beast and lots of candy. We considered having a whip (very lion tamer) but thought better of it. Here are some pics (the first one's a bit fuzzy) of the big "reveal" at the ward trunk-or-treat.


Jacob seemed to have a great time for a half hour and then dissolved to tears, tears and tears. But judging by this picture, we think he liked his go as a lion. Um, maybe.

But one thing we know for sure is:
He is sooooooo cute.

Awww.
5 comments:
I missed the ring of fire act. Was I too late? Jacob looked adorable, I mean, very handsome last night and I'm very relieved that Olivia got to see him after saying his name all day.
in hindsight, i'm surprised i had the courage to hold such a terrible...beast. my bravery is an example to all.
without a tool, such as a fire ring like i had, as a distraction, my wife set aside all fears and held the lion. amazing.
What a cute costume--even cuter is the boy wearing it. And I'm impressed that it is HOMEMADE. Wow.
Shayleen: While I would like to say we had an elaborate ring of fire routine worked up for Jacob...we did not. Tee hee. But he looked very cute next to the ring of fire. And Olivia looked absolutely adorable as a witch.
Daddy of the mack daddy: Why thank you for admiring my bravery. I have to agree with you that I am totally brave to hold such a ferocious, terrible...beast.
Carly: I'm glad you liked the costume! But in all honesty the yellow jumpsuit was a hand-me-down from Maddie and I just cut out and affixed a bajillion felt triangles (which took a surprisingly/embarrassingly long time to do) to the jumpsuit and a headband. And, ta da!
Looks like you only recorded the good little lion. We are having a deep discussion about how trunk or treat works. We want to know if the safe environment allows people to give popcorn balls--my fifties fave, at trick or treat. Wouldn't it be embarrassing if no one came to one of the ward member's "place" because they think they give terrible treats? That could start a ward scandal. Do you do it in the parking lot in the South? Some folks do it in the building in all the classrooms. As you can see, we want more info on this tradition.
Our ward thinks we have bad treats. In all we gave out only eight items. We think that might have to do with all the old people who live here. The kids see lots of dark porches.
Do we love Jacob? Yep. You two looked fetching in your togs, too.
Post a Comment