Monday, February 20, 2006

I see my Jacob kneeling

He just started this, in earnest, yesterday. Pretty smart boy, eh? Even when he's sick he's still learning and growing. You can't keep 'im down.



Matt told me that he went from tummy to bottom this morning, but I've never seen it so I don't really believe it. (If a baby has a milestone and the momma is not there, did it really happen?) This is all I see him do which is such a funny pilates sort of pose. He's very into fitness apparently.



The following are pictures of him in various stages of kneeling, because darn it, I couldn't pick just one to post. Please don't judge us by our mexi blanket/ghetto babyproofing in the background...it's very challenging to tastefully pad a stone fireplace.















Jacob was WAY congested over the weekend and he knew it. That's why he sat himself straight up in the bouncer to promote good nasal drainage. What a smart little dude. Maybe his stroke of genius is partly due to the 3-a-day Baby Einstein viewings we had over the weekend (which is what he's doing in these pics).






Jacob was also forced to do something quite unbearable this weekend: breathe almost exclusively through his mouth. Dun, dun, duuuuun.



Today he's much happier and more playful and is, as we blog, staring at the birdies outside our window. Welcome home son, welcome home.




7 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

I am so glad that Jacob is feeling better and returning to his old self. And no, I don't think anything really happens if the mommy doesn't see and there isn't any picture proof. Cruising along the couch isn't too far away!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are both feeling better. I know what you mean about glad he was sick rather than just a crab. Bless his angel heart. It is worse with a sick mama. Bless mama’s heart too. I am glad Einstein was available to help you both. Love to all, Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

Hi! Wow, we go to MT for a few days and miss out on all of the cute photos and posts! Oh we feel for you two, John and I got sick too-so weird and awful! We are still trying to get better, so we really hope you guys continue to get better. It hit us out of the middle of nowhere. Good thing it can't be passed over the internet-well I hope not!
Jacob is still so cute, what a smile that boy has, the girls are going to go wild for him! Watch out! He's growing up so super fast too, he'll be so 'motorized' next time we see him! Have fun and feel better!
Love, Chelsea

Anonymous said...

hey i suppose since i've been reading the blog for the past hour i should comment the real reason i can't look often is because i become obsessed when i do my nephew is the cutest and robyn your comments crack me up so fun i've really enjoyed myself i'm glad your both feeling better brent and i start moving at the beginning of next week!! we're so totally excited you'll have no excuse not to visit when we have a guest bedroom! granted, there might not be cement blocks and seagulls but we do what we can i can guarantee an aquamarine wall or two! hey i even got a blue cushioned toilet seat for you! love y'all

Anonymous said...

aunt nat is my sister, yes. however, please do not associate her apparent ignorance of the period (a very useful grammatic invention) with me or my family. i love her dearly, but she needs to learn the benefits of punctuation (besides the exclamation mark).

natalie, just kidding. kind of. we're glad you've enjoyed the blog. actually, mostly robyn is happy since she's the one who posts 99.9% of the time.

it might be a few months before we make it up to nawksvil, but we will come.

Robyn said...

Maybe the "Daddy of the Mack Daddy" would gain a lot by learning how to use the shift key.

Just an idea.

Andrea said...

I vote for picture number 10 on this entry for the wall poster in your living room. It is just darling!