







Yes, yes, the baby boy is sick. He and momma both have colds. My poor baaaaaaby! He has been crabby these last couple days while I've had a sore throat. Anyone who has spoken to me for more than, um, thirty seconds is aware of his "unexplained" crankiness (and my explained crankiness)...but I think now we might have a lead. Last night the congestion fairy came to visit him and me. So I think we're on the same sickness track and Tuesday and Wednesday were his sore throat days too. Should a mother be glad her baby is sick? I was getting so worried that he was going to be an grumpy baby & child well into adulthood...so I'm actually breathing a sigh of relief that he's sick. In an empathetic, Florence Nightengale sort of way. Plus, now Matt knows why I've been so cranky!
Anyway, Jacob's being a trooper and abiding constant nose wipings. We should be better in no time. I personally feel pretty good, but I think that's because I can blow my nose and I don't depend on a milk product for 3/4 of my food. Just a thought.
Oh yes, and here's another must for me for a sick baby day.

Happy sneezing and snacking!
7 comments:
This time I felt a lot smarter...I got it after only 2 or 3 pictures!! (of course I had been on the phone with you this morning Robyn) :}
It is good to learn they won't be grumpy for the rest of their lives
Get feeling better, and don't give it to Matt!!
Finally...an answer to your concerns. Hopefully it will 'run' out quickly and you'll be back to normal. Is this really Jacob's first REAL cold? I just hope he's able to get some sleep!
Sick or not that boy is very very cute.... It is sad to see him not at his best. Hope the both of you will be feeling better soon. Love Dad
I'm so sorry! Sickness sucks. So do those bulb syringes. Hazel had bronchiolitis and had to do breathing treatments and almost got admitted to the hospital. Welcome to motherhood. Just wait till the ear infections kick in. Let me know if I can do anything!
Robyn I just love you. Your blog Moments are just wonderful. You make even a cold sound fun and an exciting adventure. You really should write children's books. You would be so clever. Also give Jacob a big kiss from me. That is so horrible to have a cold. Too bad your child doesn't have bigger nostrils like mine. We never have to use the bulb! Anyway get feeling better and I love you.
Gram Hilda: The grumpies are just abating today. I am so happy to welcome my baby back.
Shayleen: He has slept amazingly well...but I think we all know sleeping is Jacob's superpower.
Leland: Idn't he cute? Even sick he is cute. Except when he's rubbing his heavily running nose on my pant leg every twenty minutes. Not so cute.
Carly: Oh my good gracious. What is bronchiolitis? Is she okay? Is Hazel good at "suffering in silence"? Jacob isn't really, so I think I would be suffering too. You know what you can do for me? Email me your number so's we can chat.
Andrea: I wish Jacob had bigger nostrils too! You'd think what with Matt's ample nostrils I would be set...but no such luck. We haven't had many effective syringe experiences. I think it's main purpose is to make him gag. And most importantly, I love you too!
I am afraid I may be the reason for all the illness since my visit. No, I am not sick, but when I came home I bragged somewhat of what a great mom Robyn is and how Jacob has not even had a little cold. I am sorry. I will be more humble and not brag. Robyn is still a great mom. Colds make us more appreciative of dry noses. Love y'all!
Post a Comment