Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baby Steps

No, Nicholas isn't walking, I'm just finally exercising my blog muscles again. Gotta start slow so's not to strain myself.

This has been a busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy time. (No exaggeration!) It's also been very good and exciting. But let me stress the all-consuming busy-ness of it all. Such busy-ness is not to my liking. But we've also been busy due to my huge desire to enjoy the great outdoors before the dreaded humidity/mosquito combination comes to town. So the park and our driveway have been almost as big a part of our life as Home Depot. Almost.

Jacob is working to understand pedaling. A surprisingly challenging skill!



















Nicholas is enjoying finding rocks, dirt, and leaf debris and trying to shove it in his mouth before I get it. Darn you, pincer grasp! Darn you to heck!














And we're all trying to eek all of the fun out of our long, flat driveway for as long as we can. (And yes, Jacob's lawnmower does blow bubbles.)

5 comments:

Jana said...

Fun Fun Fun! We are doing the same thing here. Trying to beat the heat. I am scared...verrry scared. What cute boys! I love Nicholas' hat!

Do you push Jacob on his Trike? I push Gideon only if his feet are on the pedals (you hear a lot of "put your feet on the pedals!" in our neighborhood) Gideon now knows that he will go faster if his feet stay on the pedals, and when we go downhill he goes by himself with me trotting behind.

Good Luck, that is a tough skill!

Robyn said...

In a very uncharacteristic move Jacob doesn't want to be pushed! In fact, when I took that picture he was explicitly telling me, "no push, mommy!"

Andrea said...

It is funny that we are all in the same place. Payton is also learning to peddle. He does fine on Grandma's trike, but is still trying to figure out his bike.

nbarnes2 said...

what cute boys! two weeks! i can't wait.

Anonymous said...

I just love the way you spend so much time outside with the boys. They seem to really eat it up....lucky boys!! Dang cute too!

Love, Mom