Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ta da: Part 2 or Freedom

We did it. We finished all that we needed to do to show this here house. This week has been incredibly challenging and also a lot of fun. I grew up working on our house and yard. A lot. I won't bore you all with my "I roofed the house" or my "I installed a sprinkler system" stories (I'm far too modest), but working on my parents' house was a constant in my life. It hasn't been such a constant in this house. We've been a little too good at making do. So, this week has helped me remember how much fun and how much work it takes to really make a house shine. We could not have done it without Grandma Jan. She painted, edged, trimmed, cleaned, organized and did just about anything else we needed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I also have realized how great our house is. Serious, what's not to love?

I love you, slanty house.















I love your big ginormous living room with the cute guy walking through.















I love your bar for serving lime rickeys and shirley temples.















I love your kitchen with beautiful appliances and ugly wallpaper.















I love your freakishly large master bedroom.















I love your slightly garish yella' room.




















I love your very minty mint chocolate chip room.




















I love your deck. No words. To pretty.















And most of all, I love your bathroom that finally isn't unbelievably ugly.

Before (see if you can spot all of the different materials used in the hardware):




















After (it looks way more beige in this pic, but trust me...it's gorgeous!):




















Sorry about the unexplained underlining. Too tired to figure it out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'll let you live at my house for all summer if you could clean it up so well. You just made me feel very guilty. I'm so lazy that I can't even figure how you did all the work. Good luck with the sales! Good product = good, freakin' sale.

Jana said...

NICE! You guys have done a whole ton of work! I am so very proud of you! You can sell it!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Oh, I was waiting for the bathroom picture! Those walls...so smooth;)
I actually noticed the knobs on the cabinet. That made a difference itself...makes me really want new ones to replace my kitchen's multi colored cupboard knobs.
Call me when you get a chance and tell me all about yoru open house!

holly b said...

houses make me all sentimental too. Whenever I see a picture of our first house in iPhoto I get all mushy. sigh. I'm sure all your hard work will pay off!

Anonymous said...

Its incredible!!! You guys worked so hard and it totally shows and shines! Somebody just has to fall in love w/ your sweet house too. I hope your open house was a sucess. That is so great you got some awesome help and had such a good time doing everything. It can be fun, huh? The bathroom is awesome-way to go. I love it all and wish you the best of luck!

Love, Chelsea

Stephanie said...

Wow - it does look great! You guys did a good job on the bathroom. I'm glad I had seen the "before" in person.

Andrea said...

Now we just need a buyer!